Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: [DCC Error] E2597 ld: can't open output file for writing

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Apr 6, 2018 8:47 AM Last Post By: Michael Leahy Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Michael Leahy

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: can't open output file for writing  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 28, 2018 11:06 AM
Delphi 10.2.3

My own iPad apps are building and running fine.

The TMS example code for CloudStorageDemo builds without an error but when I run it in Release mode I get:

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: can't open output file for writing: CloudStorageDemo, errno=13 for architecture arm64
Dave Nottage

Re: [DCC Error] E2597 ld: can't open output file for writing  
  Posted: Mar 28, 2018 4:08 PM   in response to: Michael Leahy in response to: Michael Leahy
Michael Leahy wrote:

The TMS example code for CloudStorageDemo builds without an error but when I run it in Release mode I get:

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: can't open output file for writing: CloudStorageDemo, errno=13 for architecture arm64

That's a linker error, which means it is not building without an error. Error 13 is "permission denied", so it's likely
there's a permissions issue with the output path. Check that in the project options.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Find hints, tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com
Michael Leahy

Posted: Mar 29, 2018 11:24 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
Michael Leahy wrote:

That's a linker error, which means it is not building without an error. Error 13 is "permission denied", so it's likely
there's a permissions issue with the output path. Check that in the project options.

--

That's what I thought too but DCP output directory, Output directory, Package output directory etc. are all blank. Building the project for Android and for Windows works.
Michael Leahy

Posted: Apr 6, 2018 8:47 AM   in response to: Michael Leahy in response to: Michael Leahy
Michael Leahy wrote:
Dave Nottage wrote:
Michael Leahy wrote:

--

That's what I thought too but DCP output directory, Output directory, Package output directory etc. are all blank. Building the project for Android and for Windows works.

Best I can tell, the project was snakebit. I created a new project, added the forms from the problematic project, and everything deployed as expected.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02