Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Error during Rad Studio Tokyo Update 3 (10.2.3)

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Mar 19, 2018 5:56 AM Last Post By: fabrizio colomb... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
fabrizio colomb...

Error during Rad Studio Tokyo Update 3 (10.2.3)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 16, 2018 8:24 AM
Hi,

I have a Rad Studio Tokyo 10.2.2 functional environment.
I'm trying to install (with same installer - web installer ) the new update 10.2.3

When installer arrive at "Directx" I can see "downloading" and when it shows "Installing" immediately shows this error :

Operation error.
A problem occurred during the process.
Close/Retry

I have tried to remove the "CatalogRepository" folder ( in which the installer download Directx ), but problem persists.
This is a Windows 7 Professional OS, with any permissions and "User Account" setting, disable.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you very much!
Richard Foersom

Re: Error during Rad Studio Tokyo Update 3 (10.2.3)  
  Posted: Mar 18, 2018 1:01 PM   in response to: fabrizio colomb... in response to: fabrizio colomb...
fabrizio colombini wrote:
I'm trying to install (with same installer - web installer ) the new update 10.2.3

When installer arrive at "Directx" I can see "downloading" and when it shows "Installing" immediately shows this error :

I am not sure that I can offer much help, but I have installed 2 Delphi 10.2.3 on 2 Windows 7 SP1 64-bit computers. One with Delphi Pro license and one with Delphi starter edition.

I had other install problems but I did not have any problem with DirectX.

Perhaps check the current installed DirectX with Windows diagnostic DxDiag.exe.
Franz Krzystek

Correct
  Posted: Mar 19, 2018 4:40 AM   in response to: fabrizio colomb... in response to: fabrizio colomb...
Hello,
i had the same problem with windows 10. Installation failed at the point of downloading and installing directx. I repeated it many times with no success.
Today i found in docwiki:

Installing DirectX using the GetIt Installer
If you encounter an installation error using the 10.2.3 GetIt based web installer during the DirectX installation process, we recommend doing the following:

When the "Operation error" occurs, Click "Close". Then, terminate the IDE.
Double-click the "RAD Studio 10.2" icon on the Desktop.

... and repeat all your former steps with the installer.

It works.

Hope i could help you,
Franz Krzystek

Hi,

Operation error.
Close/Retry

I have tried to remove the "CatalogRepository" folder ( in which the installer download Directx ), but problem persists.
This is a Windows 7 Professional OS, with any permissions and "User Account" setting, disable.

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you very much!
fabrizio colomb...

Posted: Mar 19, 2018 5:56 AM   in response to: Franz Krzystek in response to: Franz Krzystek
Thank you very much Franz!!
Now it works.

Franz Krzystek wrote:
Hello,
i had the same problem with windows 10. Installation failed at the point of downloading and installing directx. I repeated it many times with no success.
Today i found in docwiki:

Installing DirectX using the GetIt Installer
If you encounter an installation error using the 10.2.3 GetIt based web installer during the DirectX installation process, we recommend doing the following:

When the "Operation error" occurs, Click "Close". Then, terminate the IDE.
Double-click the "RAD Studio 10.2" icon on the Desktop.

... and repeat all your former steps with the installer.

It works.

Hope i could help you,
Franz Krzystek

Hi,

Operation error.
Close/Retry

Can anyone help me ?

Thank you very much!
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02