Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Firedac does not update the content of Oracle Blob fields

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Nov 11, 2017 1:42 PM Last Post By: Stefano Fanti Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Stefano Fanti

Firedac does not update the content of Oracle Blob fields  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 31, 2017 1:43 PM
Hi,
I'm developing a three tiers app (ClientDataSet/DataSetProvider) with Berlin 10.1 update 2 and FireDac
The DBMS is Oracle XE 10G and i have a problem with the management of the blob fields contained in a table.

below the DDL
"MATRICOLA" VARCHAR2(10 BYTE) NOT NULL ENABLE,
"FOTO" BLOB,
"DOCUMENTO" BLOB,
"ALLEGATO" BLOB,

- If I insert an image in a new record and save it on the Database when reopening the Client, the image is displayed.
- If I replace the image and save it on the Database when reopening the Client, the image does not appear.
I've run different controls and using the same code on SQL Server works as expected.
I changed several options on FDConnection but the result is always the same.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Dan Palley

Re: Firedac does not update the content of Oracle Blob fields  
  Posted: Nov 8, 2017 12:01 PM   in response to: Stefano Fanti in response to: Stefano Fanti
Hi,

It's very hard to help you without seeing the code you're running.

Dan

Stefano Fanti wrote:
Hi,
I'm developing a three tiers app (ClientDataSet/DataSetProvider) with Berlin 10.1 update 2 and FireDac
The DBMS is Oracle XE 10G and i have a problem with the management of the blob fields contained in a table.

below the DDL
"FOTO" BLOB,
"DOCUMENTO" BLOB,
"ALLEGATO" BLOB,

- If I insert an image in a new record and save it on the Database when reopening the Client, the image is displayed.
- If I replace the image and save it on the Database when reopening the Client, the image does not appear.
I've run different controls and using the same code on SQL Server works as expected.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Stefano Fanti

Re: Firedac does not update the content of Oracle Blob fields  
  Posted: Nov 11, 2017 1:37 PM   in response to: Dan Palley in response to: Dan Palley
Dan Palley wrote:
Hi,

It's very hard to help you without seeing the code you're running.

Dan

Stefano Fanti wrote:
Hi,

below the DDL
"FOTO" BLOB,
"DOCUMENTO" BLOB,
"ALLEGATO" BLOB,

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Hi,
Thanks for your reply
The scenario is very simple :
The Client side with TClientDataset and the Server side with a DataSnap, TDataSetProvider, TFireDacTable and ORACLE XE 10G
When append a new record on the Client, I load the image (.bmp ) in a blobField using Stream, Post it and ApplyUpdates.
After restart the Client a new image appear on a GUI.
By directly checking with SQL DEVELOPER the contents of the BLOB field on DB Oracle I see that the size is of several kb
but if I replace the image with another when I reopen the client I do not see the image just loaded.
By directly checking with SQL DEVELOPER the contents of the BLOB field on DB Oracle I see that the size is zero
why ?
If I repeat the test using MS SQL I have no problem and the code is the same.
I did several tests and did not find any kind of exception
I can not publish the code because it is very articulated and it would not be easy to explain it.
Thanks

Edited by: Stefano Fanti on Nov 11, 2017 1:39 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02