Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Why won't Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update install?


This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Oct 28, 2017 1:29 AM Last Post By: Jeff Overcash (... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Barry McClure

Posts: 32
Registered: 9/1/02
Why won't Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update install?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 27, 2017 9:27 AM
I had to re-install XE8 on my Win7 64bit machine and it installed fine. I then ran the following updates:
1) DelphiCBuilder_XE8_upd1_subscription update and registered it.
2) December_2015_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe

followed by
3) Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe

which gives me an error:
"Failed"-" Update subscription has expired or is invalid!"
I just updated my XE8 license and imported it with the License Manager, plus I have Delphi 10.2 license.

Why does Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe refuse to run?

TIA
Barry
Jeff Overcash (...

Posts: 1,529
Registered: 9/23/99
Re: Why won't Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update install?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 27, 2017 10:37 AM   in response to: Barry McClure in response to: Barry McClure
Barry McClure wrote:
I had to re-install XE8 on my Win7 64bit machine and it installed fine. I then ran the following updates:
1) DelphiCBuilder_XE8_upd1_subscription update and registered it.
2) December_2015_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe

followed by
3) Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe

which gives me an error:
"Failed"-" Update subscription has expired or is invalid!"
I just updated my XE8 license and imported it with the License Manager, plus I have Delphi 10.2 license.

Why does Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe refuse to run?

TIA
Barry

You have to have had a valid subscription at the time of the release of that
update. Sounds like your subscription lapsed before that update was released.
XE8 was released in April of 2015, so unless you renewed your subscription, you
did not have a valid subscription in Oct 2016.

Having a 10.2 license doesn't matter. Subscriptions for 10.2 only apply to the
previous 2 releases updates IIRC.

If you think this is in error, I suggest you contact sales directly and speak to
someone.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Barry McClure

Posts: 32
Registered: 9/1/02
Re: Why won't Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update install?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 27, 2017 2:57 PM   in response to: Jeff Overcash (... in response to: Jeff Overcash (...
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
Barry McClure wrote:
I had to re-install XE8 on my Win7 64bit machine and it installed fine. I then ran the following updates:
1) DelphiCBuilder_XE8_upd1_subscription update and registered it.
2) December_2015_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe

followed by
3) Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe

which gives me an error:
"Failed"-" Update subscription has expired or is invalid!"
I just updated my XE8 license and imported it with the License Manager, plus I have Delphi 10.2 license.

Why does Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe refuse to run?

TIA
Barry

You have to have had a valid subscription at the time of the release of that
update. Sounds like your subscription lapsed before that update was released.
XE8 was released in April of 2015, so unless you renewed your subscription, you
did not have a valid subscription in Oct 2016.

Having a 10.2 license doesn't matter. Subscriptions for 10.2 only apply to the
previous 2 releases updates IIRC.

Yesterday I installed XE8 for the first time for my Win7 VBox using a new XE8 license. I did have XE8 installed in another VBOX and it may have expired like you said.

But if I have a new XE8 license that was issued yesterday, why can't I install the Oct 2016 XE8 Update? I can install all of the other XE8 updates, including the original XE8 install for this same Win7 VBOX. It would appear I can't update even with a new license which is weird to say the least.

My XE8 version shows:
"XE8: Embarcadero Delphi XE8 Version 22.0.19908.869"
"Delphi XE8 and C++Builder E8 SUbscription Udpate 1"

Any idea what subversion the Oct 2016 XE8 update should give me?

TIA
Barry


If you think this is in error, I suggest you contact sales directly and speak to
someone.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)

--
PrintDAT! - The 5 Second Report Component
Jeff Overcash (...

Posts: 1,529
Registered: 9/23/99
Re: Why won't Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update install?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 28, 2017 1:29 AM   in response to: Barry McClure in response to: Barry McClure
Barry McClure wrote:
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
Barry McClure wrote:
I had to re-install XE8 on my Win7 64bit machine and it installed fine. I then ran the following updates:
1) DelphiCBuilder_XE8_upd1_subscription update and registered it.
2) December_2015_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe

followed by
3) Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe

which gives me an error:
"Failed"-" Update subscription has expired or is invalid!"
I just updated my XE8 license and imported it with the License Manager, plus I have Delphi 10.2 license.

Why does Oct_2016_XE8_Update_Subscription_Update.exe refuse to run?

TIA
Barry
You have to have had a valid subscription at the time of the release of that
update. Sounds like your subscription lapsed before that update was released.
XE8 was released in April of 2015, so unless you renewed your subscription, you
did not have a valid subscription in Oct 2016.

Having a 10.2 license doesn't matter. Subscriptions for 10.2 only apply to the
previous 2 releases updates IIRC.

Yesterday I installed XE8 for the first time for my Win7 VBox using a new XE8 license. I did have XE8 installed in another VBOX and it may have expired like you said.

But if I have a new XE8 license that was issued yesterday, why can't I install the Oct 2016 XE8 Update? I can install all of the other XE8 updates, including the original XE8 install for this same Win7 VBOX. It would appear I can't update even with a new license which is weird to say the least.

We had something similar with the last Tokyo update. We get 4 years at a time
so easy to forget it needs renewing again. I could apply 10.2, and the first few
hot fixes then the latest update wouldn't let us because no active subscription
for the time that one was released. I could reinstall all the older stuff that
was at the time covered by subscription.

My XE8 version shows:
"XE8: Embarcadero Delphi XE8 Version 22.0.19908.869"
"Delphi XE8 and C++Builder E8 SUbscription Udpate 1"

That is what it shows on mine, but it is also hot fix 1 so normally that doesn't
update.

The version # is 22.0.19908.869 after I just applied the HF (forgot to write
down the pre patched # so not sure it changed it doesn't always for hot fixes).
It did know that my HF level was 0, although didn't see it in the registry
like some other versions write so not sure how it determined I was at HF level 0.

One thing you might check is the time stamp on dcc32.exe in your bin directory.
The patched version should 10/4/2016. Most files are 6/17/2015 if update 1
was applied only.


Any idea what subversion the Oct 2016 XE8 update should give me?

TIA
Barry

If you think this is in error, I suggest you contact sales directly and speak to
someone.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)

--
PrintDAT! - The 5 Second Report Component

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02