Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Using a QRCode Reader in FireMonkey

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Oct 20, 2017 4:26 AM Last Post By: sKn Metal Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
sKn Metal

Using a QRCode Reader in FireMonkey  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 19, 2017 11:29 AM
Hello,

I'm developing in RadStudio C++ Builder a FireMonkey Application that needs to open a JPEG Image (or an Image Stream) and check if there's a QRCode in that image. If there is one, read it.

I have spent hours googling for libraries and found one that looked like promising, called ZBar

The problem is that the docs for the instalation of this library is just for VisualStudio users. I don't know how to install it using RAD Studio. Can anyone please help me?
Mark Richards

Re: Using a QRCode Reader in FireMonkey  
  Posted: Oct 20, 2017 2:01 AM   in response to: sKn Metal in response to: sKn Metal
John Kaster asked a similer question in January 2016

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=171914

sKn Metal wrote:
Hello,

I'm developing in RadStudio C++ Builder a FireMonkey Application that needs to open a JPEG Image (or an Image Stream) and check if there's a QRCode in that image. If there is one, read it.

I have spent hours googling for libraries and found one that looked like promising, called ZBar

The problem is that the docs for the instalation of this library is just for VisualStudio users. I don't know how to install it using RAD Studio. Can anyone please help me?
sKn Metal

Re: Using a QRCode Reader in FireMonkey  
  Posted: Oct 20, 2017 4:09 AM   in response to: Mark Richards in response to: Mark Richards
Mark Richards wrote:
John Kaster asked a similer question in January 2016

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=171914

sKn Metal wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm using C++ Builder. I have found many libraries that can read QR Code, my problem is that I'm not able to install them using C++ Builder. The proccess to install them on their respectives docs don't work on C++ Builder (or I'm making it wrong, what I think that's the most probably cause :P).

ZXing seems to be a good library to use, I've tried to install it using the proccess described in the docs and got a lot of errors right in the beginning. (I can copy the errors here if it can be helpful for my question)

It seems that the proccess to install it is different in C++ Builder

EDIT:

I'm trying to install following these steps: https://github.com/glassechidna/zxing-cpp#building-using-cmake

Edited by: sKn Metal on Oct 20, 2017 4:25 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02