Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Help Files Error on (Re)Install Delphi XE3

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 6:12 AM Last Post By: Lutz Kutscher Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Lutz Kutscher

Help Files Error on (Re)Install Delphi XE3
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 2, 2017 5:30 AM
Hi,
yes, I'm still using XE 3 - and not planning to change (makes no sense for the few small windows applications, we/I develop here).
For a while now I had problems with my help system, so today I decided to uninstall and reinstall my ... 4 ? ... year old Delphi.
Unfortunately - aside from the amount of work - it had no effect: During the installation, when the sub-installation of the help system began, I got the same error I had before:
I get a H2reg message box that says "H2Reg.exe **Error** Auf diesem PC sind die MS Help 2.x-Laufzeitdateien nicht installiert. Die Installation/Registrierung der Hilfedateien kann nicht fortgesetzt werden."
- something like "The MS Help 2.x runtime files are missing on this PC. Installation / registration of help files can't continue."

Already before I had searched the web and MS, but I could not find a separate installation of the MS Help 2 runtime files.
Thank you for any ideas or hints on this.
Lutz

Edited by: Lutz Kutscher on Oct 2, 2017 5:31 AM
Lutz Kutscher

Solved: Help Files Error on (Re)Install Delphi XE3
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 2, 2017 6:12 AM   in response to: Lutz Kutscher in response to: Lutz Kutscher
... Hello again everybody.
Found it on a german Delphi Forum.
In case anyone else encounters this problem:.
I had to extract and reinstall the MS Document Explorer 2008 from the file "microsoft dexplorer 2008.7zip" in folder "Install" on the Delphi Setup CD (or inside the .iso), then reinstall Delphi Help.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02