Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Stange behavior (IIS 8.5 and isapi)

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Apr 18, 2018 8:03 AM Last Post By: Chad Hower Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Freddy Bueno

Stange behavior (IIS 8.5 and isapi)
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 3, 2017 9:51 AM
Good morning friends.

My project is deployed over IIS 8.5 (windows 2012 R2 server) as isapi, and it's configurated by the follows of this paper
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying%20ISAPI%20using%20IIS.html

info about the project, IW version 14.1 and CGdevtools, servercontroller timeout to 20 mins.

everything works fine, it's a simple project where the clients made login and displays some simple data. when the user made clic over a menu the IWproject answers quickly.

But, am noticed that if the user is working on a sesion (clicking and viewing data constantly for several minutes),
and go to work on another thing (other pc softwares) and come back after 1 minute (minimum) to the sesion active of the intraweb project
the first clic whereever is it (even if tyhe clic is just to show some frame and not accesing any data), takes around 1 minute to get the answer..... to be procesed.

I don't know why is it happening, because if the user work on the IWproject making constant clics and accesing the data, all seems to be fine.
the problem is if you made a pause for more than 1 minute.

I don't know the cause, but it seems like the IIS lost the reference of the session, and after 1 minute , at a new request, it has to build again (am not sure about this).

somebody has the same behavior?
is left some setup on IIS??
maybe something about garbage, or cache files, something?

finally, I have to say that IW its a great product.
but this bug make unhhappy the customers who thinks that thw webbrowser is freezing.
Alexandre Machado

Re: Stange behavior (IIS 8.5 and isapi)
  Posted: Sep 5, 2017 12:18 AM   in response to: Freddy Bueno in response to: Freddy Bueno
Freddy Bueno wrote:
Good morning friends.

My project is deployed over IIS 8.5 (windows 2012 R2 server) as isapi, and it's configurated by the follows of this paper
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying%20ISAPI%20using%20IIS.html

info about the project, IW version 14.1 and CGdevtools, servercontroller timeout to 20 mins.

everything works fine, it's a simple project where the clients made login and displays some simple data. when the user made clic over a menu the IWproject answers quickly.

But, am noticed that if the user is working on a sesion (clicking and viewing data constantly for several minutes),
and go to work on another thing (other pc softwares) and come back after 1 minute (minimum) to the sesion active of the intraweb project
the first clic whereever is it (even if tyhe clic is just to show some frame and not accesing any data), takes around 1 minute to get the answer..... to be procesed.

I don't know why is it happening, because if the user work on the IWproject making constant clics and accesing the data, all seems to be fine.

I don't know the cause, but it seems like the IIS lost the reference of the session, and after 1 minute , at a new request, it has to build again (am not sure about this).

but this bug make unhhappy the customers who thinks that thw webbrowser is freezing.

Hi Freddy,

This should be some configuration in your IIS. Let's start with the basics:

Go to Application Pools -> (Your application pool) -> Set application Pool Defaults.

Check the Idle time-out setting. Unless you have several different web sites in the same server, set it to ZERO and apply.

Restart IIS and see how it goes. See if the problem persists.
Freddy Bueno

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 12:30 PM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Freddy Bueno wrote:
Good morning friends.

Hi Freddy,

This should be some configuration in your IIS. Let's start with the basics:

Go to Application Pools -> (Your application pool) -> Set application Pool Defaults.

Check the Idle time-out setting. Unless you have several different web sites in the same server, set it to ZERO and apply.

Restart IIS and see how it goes. See if the problem persists.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I've checked at iis configuration, and I see that "Idle time-out setting" is set to 20 minutes.
and the recycling time is set to 1740 minutes.
also, intraweb servercontroller timeout is set to 20 minutes.

I can not understand why the worker process will be terminated after 1 MINUTE.

thanks for your reply, but setting "Idle time-out setting" to cero does not worked. the behavior is the same.

ps: this demo, from CGDevTools has the same behavior, after 1 minute of inactivity, a new request takes a long time (like anew connection)

https://www.cgdevtools.com/demo/JQueryDemoV3_IW14_ISAPI.dll

just for reference.
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Sep 7, 2017 2:53 PM   in response to: Freddy Bueno in response to: Freddy Bueno
ps: this demo, from CGDevTools has the same behavior, after 1 minute of inactivity, a new request takes a long time (like anew connection)

just for reference.

Ok. I'll install this demo in our test machine and see how it goes. All our test ISAPI applications don't suffer from this. They respond instantly even after 10 minutes of complete inactivity.

I'll let you know the results.

Kind regards
Freddy Bueno

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 11:14 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:

just for reference.

Ok. I'll install this demo in our test machine and see how it goes. All our test ISAPI applications don't suffer from this. They respond instantly even after 10 minutes of complete inactivity.

Kind regards

Thak you so much, I will be waiting for your test results.
Freddy Bueno

Posted: Apr 17, 2018 8:42 PM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:

just for reference.

Kind regards

Well, Alexander... afer lot of months, do you have an answer?
the bug is still there

Thank you

Chad Hower

Posted: Apr 18, 2018 8:03 AM   in response to: Freddy Bueno in response to: Freddy Bueno
On 4/17/2018 11:42 PM, Freddy Bueno wrote:
Well, Alexander... afer lot of months, do you have an answer?
the bug is still there

As this forum is under a severe spam attack, please consider reposting here:

https://www.atozed.com/forums/
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02