Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Can I uninstall C++ Builder but keep Delphi?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: May 26, 2017 9:22 AM Last Post By: Antonio Estevez Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Petter Isberg

Can I uninstall C++ Builder but keep Delphi?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 26, 2017 9:04 AM
Hi.

I used a trial version of Rad Studio 10.2 and installed both Delphi and C++.
When the trial expired my company provided me with a licence for Delphi, I'm not using C++ builder.
Because I have both personalities installed but only a licence for Delphi I get a message about not having a C++ Builder licence whenever I open a project or install something with GetIt that requires an application restart.

Can I uninstall the C++ Builder functionality without having to uninstall and reinstalling Delphi?
The uninstall option in Add/Remove programs just asks if I want to completely uninstall Rad Studio.

I'd like to get rid of the licence question as well as reclaim the disk space on my ssd where it's installed.

Best regards
Petter
Antonio Estevez

Re: Can I uninstall C++ Builder but keep Delphi?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 26, 2017 9:20 AM   in response to: Petter Isberg in response to: Petter Isberg
El 26/05/2017 a las 18:04, Petter Isberg escribió:
Hi.

I used a trial version of Rad Studio 10.2 and installed both Delphi and C++.
When the trial expired my company provided me with a licence for Delphi, I'm not using C++ builder.
Because I have both personalities installed but only a licence for Delphi I get a message about not having a C++ Builder licence whenever I open a project or install something with GetIt that requires an application restart.

Can I uninstall the C++ Builder functionality without having to uninstall and reinstalling Delphi?
The uninstall option in Add/Remove programs just asks if I want to completely uninstall Rad Studio.

I'd like to get rid of the licence question as well as reclaim the disk space on my ssd where it's installed.

Best regards
Petter

Open the "Tools" menu and select the "Manage Platforms" option

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/Feature_Manager

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02