Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TerminateAndRedirect

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: May 15, 2017 12:19 PM Last Post By: Daniel Fields Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
quinn anderson

TerminateAndRedirect
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 15, 2017 9:43 AM
Hi

Terminate and redirect works, but the problem is if the user clicks BackButton on the site they were redirected to, then the browser comes back to my webapp, onto the page they departed from, but the page is dead to all clicks.

Anyone know what is best to handle this?

Regadrs Q
Eitan Arbel

Re: TerminateAndRedirect
  Posted: May 15, 2017 10:12 AM   in response to: quinn anderson in response to: quinn anderson
i don't know of a way to prevent that, but maybe instead of redirecting to the other site, you can redirect to your own simple html page that says something like "your session is over" (or whatever), and that html page will prevent going back (i don't know how to do that...).
now, this html should redirect the user to the other site, after a few milliseconds of showing.
the result will be that the user will see the "other site", and when he\she will go back, they will see your redirecting html - and they are prevented from going back form that html.

(hope i didn't mess up everything with my english... :D )
Daniel Fields

Re: TerminateAndRedirect
  Posted: May 15, 2017 12:19 PM   in response to: quinn anderson in response to: quinn anderson
I have my application exit to an HTML page on the same server. I also have ServerController.RestartExpiredSessions set to false.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02