Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Creating TChart with Series in IDE not showing series for all XE Versions

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Feb 17, 2017 1:12 AM Last Post By: Yeray Alonso Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Bob Rasmusens

Creating TChart with Series in IDE not showing series for all XE Versions  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 16, 2017 4:24 PM
TeeChart Pro v2016.19.161025 running Delphi XE5, XE10, XE10.1
I went to create a new program in Firemonkey using TChart but no matter which type of series I add, from the IDE for TChart, the series data does not show up. All other titles, legends etc. do show up. On one version moving the mouse over the TChart would show a line segment while the mouse was over the line segment

I have tried this using VCL, Firemonkey, and CrossPlatform on XE5, XE10 and XE10.1 with the same results.

Old programs with TChart work fine.

In all the cases I did the following
Created a new project
Added A TChart
Double clicked on the TChart
Added a series
Ran the program

I have not yet reinstalled TChart and am wondering if there are any other possible solutions or reasons for this behavior?

Edited by: Bob Rasmusens on Feb 16, 2017 5:10 PM
Yeray Alonso

Re: Creating TChart with Series in IDE not showing series for all XE Versions
Helpful
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 17, 2017 1:11 AM   in response to: Bob Rasmusens in response to: Bob Rasmusens
Hello Bob,

Bob Rasmusens wrote:
In all the cases I did the following
Created a new project
Added A TChart
Double clicked on the TChart
Added a series
Ran the program

When you create a series at design time, it is being drawn at design time using temporal sample values. If you want to preserve that values at runtime, go to "Series/Data Source" tab and change the combobox from "Random" to "Manual".

--
Best Regards,

Yeray Alonso
Steema Software
Facebook, Twitter, GPlus, LinkedIn, YouTube, GitHub, RSS
Support Options
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02