Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Calc the color from text

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Dec 14, 2016 10:14 AM Last Post By: grega loboda Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
grega loboda

Calc the color from text
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 7, 2016 3:29 AM
Hi

I want to automatically put some labels on the screen. What i would need is to somehow calculate the best color for the label from the caption. any ideas how to do that?
Example. If a label's caption is table then perhaps it calculates the yellow, if it's a windows maybe blue.

Grega
George Winkler

Re: Calc the color from text
  Posted: Dec 7, 2016 6:23 AM   in response to: grega loboda in response to: grega loboda
I would put the possibilities in a database. You could have several possibilities for a single item. What's the item, search the database and display the possibilities to choose from.

George

grega loboda wrote:
Hi

I want to automatically put some labels on the screen. What i would need is to somehow calculate the best color for the label from the caption. any ideas how to do that?
Example. If a label's caption is table then perhaps it calculates the yellow, if it's a windows maybe blue.

Grega
Robert Triest

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 6:31 AM   in response to: grega loboda in response to: grega loboda
Sorry, It is hard (for me..) to understand what you want to do.
A Label.Caption to Color calculation?
What is the relation between a Table and Yellow or Windows and Blue?
grega loboda

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 10:14 AM   in response to: Robert Triest in response to: Robert Triest
Check Windows 8.1 apps menu. Every icon gets some color. How are these colors calculated?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02