Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: paclient error 217

Permlink Replies: 11 - Last Post: Dec 21, 2016 5:19 PM Last Post By: Hideaki Tominaga Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Jeff Averett

paclient error 217
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 6, 2016 6:02 PM
When I try to run an existing or new Android app using Berlin 10.1, I get this error:

[PAClient Error] "paclient" exited with code 217.

I get the error with an existing iOS app that I'm trying to port over or a new "Hello World" app with a button and a label.

The error isn't listed here:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Berlin/en/Platform_Assistant_Server_Errors_Index

I get the error whether I try to run on the simulator or an actual device. It also doesn't matter whether it's run as debug or release.

Does anyone know what the error code means?

Thanks.

Jeff
Dave Nottage

Re: paclient error 217
  Posted: Nov 6, 2016 7:23 PM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
When I try to run an existing or new Android app using Berlin 10.1, I get this error:

It may help to have the detail from the "Output" tab of the Messages window in the IDE.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Jeff Averett

Posted: Nov 6, 2016 9:37 PM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
Here it is:

Build started 11/6/2016 10:34:27 PM.
PATH C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\InterBase\redist\InterBaseXE7\IDE_spoof;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\bin64;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Bpl\Win64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\bin;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Bpl;C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\bin64;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD APP\bin\x86_64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Borland\Delphi7\Projects\Bpl\;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Bpl;C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps & "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\22.0.1\dx.bat" --dex --output="C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Tests\Android\Debug\classes.dex" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\android-support-v4.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\cloud-messaging.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\fmx.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-analytics-v2.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-billing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-licensing.dex.jar" "c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Debug\google-play-services.dex.jar"
Merged dex A (520 defs/562.4KiB) with dex B (3 defs/2.1KiB). Result is 523 defs/693.5KiB. Took 0.2s
Merged dex A (523 defs/693.5KiB) with dex B (104 defs/106.6KiB). Result is 627 defs/1031.4KiB. Took 0.1s
Merged dex A (627 defs/1031.4KiB) with dex B (87 defs/112.8KiB). Result is 714 defs/1560.2KiB. Took 0.1s
Result compacted from 2317.3KiB to 764.3KiB to save 1553.0KiB
Merged dex A (714 defs/1560.2KiB) with dex B (3 defs/5.2KiB). Result is 717 defs/764.3KiB. Took 0.1s
Merged dex A (717 defs/764.3KiB) with dex B (25 defs/37.8KiB). Result is 742 defs/978.6KiB. Took 0.0s
Merged dex A (742 defs/978.6KiB) with dex B (1869 defs/1854.6KiB). Result is 2611 defs/3473.0KiB. Took 0.2s
Target _PasCoreCompile:
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\bin\dccaarm.exe -$O- --no-config -M -Q -TX.so -AGenerics.Collections=System.Generics.Collections;Generics.Defaults=System.Generics.Defaults;WinTypes=Winapi.Windows;WinProcs=Winapi.Windows;DbiTypes=BDE;DbiProcs=BDE;DbiErrs=BDE -DDEBUG -E.\Android\Debug -I"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\debug";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Release" -LEC:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Bpl\Android -LNC:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Dcp\Android -NU.\Android\Debug -NSSystem;Xml;Data;Datasnap;Web;Soap; -O"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Release" -R"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Release" -U"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\debug";"c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\lib\Android\Release" --libpath:C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\platforms\android-14\arch-arm\usr\lib;C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\sources\cxx-stl\gnu-libstdc++\4.8\libs\armeabi-v7a --linker:C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe -V -VN -NO.\Android\Debug Project6.dpr
Target _DeleteLnkFile:
Deleting file ".\Android\Debug\Project6.lnk".
Build succeeded.
0 Warning(s)
0 Error(s)
Time Elapsed 00:00:13.33
Build started 11/6/2016 10:34:41 PM.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\bin\paclient.exe -u8 --Clean=".\Android\Debug\Project6,C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Tests\Project6.@emb.tmp"
Platform Assistant Client Version 9.0.2.03
Copyright (c) 2010-2016 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

Deleting file(s)...
Total file(s) deleted: 0 file(s) 0 dir(s)
Runtime error 217 at 004087F5
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\bin\CodeGear.Deployment.targets(399,5): error MSB6006: "paclient" exited with code 217.
Done building target "_CleanRemoteDir" in project "Project6.dproj" -- FAILED.
Done building project "Project6.dproj" -- FAILED.
Build FAILED.
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\bin\CodeGear.Deployment.targets(399,5): error MSB6006: "paclient" exited with code 217.
0 Warning(s)
1 Error(s)
Time Elapsed 00:00:01.79

Thanks in advance

Edited by: Jeff Averett on Nov 6, 2016 9:38 PM
Markus Humm

Re: paclient error 217 [Edit]
  Posted: Nov 7, 2016 1:49 PM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
Am 07.11.2016 um 06:39 schrieb Jeff Averett:
Deleting file(s)...

Now what can cause this runtime error?
I guess that one is reported back as paclient error 217.

Greetings

Markus
Dave Nottage

Posted: Nov 7, 2016 3:39 PM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
Project "C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Tests\Project6.dproj" (Deploy target(s)):
Target _CleanRemoteDir:
Cleaning APK Output Directory: .\Android\Debug\Project6
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\bin\paclient.exe -u8 --Clean=".\Android\Debug\Project6,C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Tests\Project6.@emb.tmp"
Platform Assistant Client Version 9.0.2.03
Copyright (c) 2010-2016 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

Deleting file(s)...

217 is usually an exception that occurs before SysUtils is initialised or after it is finalised. Presumably paclient is failing, causing this error. It may be failing when --Clean is being passed to it, so you may want to do this manually. i.e remove the files in the .\Android\Debug\Project6 folder (or the whole Debug folder and its contents), and the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Tests\Project6.@emb.tmp file.

Does the error occur if you separate project, from scratch? (just a blank one should do)

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Jeff Averett

Posted: Nov 8, 2016 9:17 AM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
Thanks for the responses. I tried the delete files suggestion first with the same error.

I created a new clean folder and new blank project with the same result (Error 217).
Harald Hentze

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 1:03 PM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
Jeff Averett wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I tried the delete files suggestion first with the same error.

I created a new clean folder and new blank project with the same result (Error 217).

I have the same problem.
Delphi 10.1
Simple empty project for Android 4.
Compile ok.
Run exits with code 217

Compilieren von TabbedApplication.dproj (Debug, Android)
Erfolg
Verstrichene Zeit: 00:00:09.3
Deploy
paclient-Befehlszeile
c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\18.0\bin\paclient.exe -u8
--Clean=".\Android\Debug\TabbedApplication,C:\Users\harald\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projekte\test android\TabbedApplication.@emb.tmp"
[PAClient Fehler] "paclient" exited with code 217.
Misslungen
George Balla

Posted: Nov 20, 2016 7:11 AM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
Jeff Averett wrote:

I get the error with an existing iOS app that I'm trying to port over or a new "Hello World" app with a button and a label.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Berlin/en/Platform_Assistant_Server_Errors_Index

I get the error whether I try to run on the simulator or an actual device. It also doesn't matter whether it's run as debug or release.

Thanks.

Jeff

I am having the same problem, just installed Berlin update 2.

Rafael Moroni

Posted: Nov 21, 2016 3:30 AM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
Jeff Averett wrote:

Thanks.

Jeff

I also have the same problem
JOSE LUIS SCHIAVO

Posted: Nov 21, 2016 9:50 AM   in response to: Rafael Moroni in response to: Rafael Moroni
Rafael Moroni wrote:
Jeff Averett wrote:

Thanks.

Jeff

For recommendation, follow the link with process for manual uninstallation approved by the Embarcadero:
https://community.embarcadero.com/article/articles-support/174-rad-studio/installation-registration/16235-manual-uninstall-of-rad-studio-delphi-c-builder-10-1-berlin

worked perfectly!

Radu Mircea Cap...

Posted: Dec 7, 2016 9:08 AM   in response to: JOSE LUIS SCHIAVO in response to: JOSE LUIS SCHIAVO
JOSE LUIS SCHIAVO wrote:
Rafael Moroni wrote:
Jeff Averett wrote:

Thanks.

Jeff

For recommendation, follow the link with process for manual uninstallation approved by the Embarcadero:
https://community.embarcadero.com/article/articles-support/174-rad-studio/installation-registration/16235-manual-uninstall-of-rad-studio-delphi-c-builder-10-1-berlin

worked perfectly!

You mean that for avoiding this error must be reinstalled the whole Delphi again?
I have the same error after Berlin Update 2.

Hideaki Tominaga

Posted: Dec 21, 2016 5:19 PM   in response to: Jeff Averett in response to: Jeff Averett
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02