Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Installed packages - runtime packages

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Sep 15, 2016 4:20 PM Last Post By: Garrett B Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Garrett B

Installed packages - runtime packages  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 15, 2016 12:10 PM
Hi

I have a C++ project that was converted from BCB6 to XE. Here is where the project is at now:

ISSUE 1: With Project | Options | Packages | Build with Runtime Packages set to FALSE:

- The project compiles and links successfully.
- When I run the program, I get the following error:
"The program can't start because VisLibRT.bpl is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem".

- The path to this library is included in the Project | Options | Directory & Conditionals | Library path (and also in Project | Options | C++ Compiler | Directory & Conditionals | Include file search path)

ISSUE 2: With Project | Options | Packages | Build with Runtime Packages set to TRUE:

- The project compiles, but the linker fails, wth the following message:
 ([ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to open file 'TRAYICON.RES').

When I look in the project file, I see that both the VisLibRT package and the bcbsmp library are listed in <LinkPackageStatics>

<PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Base)'!=''">

<LinkPackageStatics>
    vcl.lib;rtl.lib;bcbsmp.lib;vclx.lib;VisLibRT.lib;Tee.lib;vclimg.lib;dbrtl.lib;vcldb.lib;AbkStdBDSXE.lib
  </LinkPackageStatics>

<AllPackageLibs>
    vcl.lib;rtl.lib;bcbsmp.lib;vclx.lib;VisLibRT.lib;Tee.lib;vclimg.lib;dbrtl.lib;vcldb.lib;AbkStdBDSXE.lib
  </AllPackageLibs>

As stated above (Issue 1), the path to the VisLibRT.bpl package is included in the
Project | Options | Directory & Conditionals | Library path,
and also in
Project | Options | C++ Compiler | Directory & Conditionals | Include file search path.

QUESTION 1
Is there another setting somewhere else, where paths to runtime library should be defined?

(Issue 2): I came across an old forum post that mentioned that TRAYICON.RES is related to the bcbsmp.bpl, which was carried over from the BCB6.
On my PC I found this file (along with bcbsmp.bpl) at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\lib\win32 and win64,
but not in the RAD Studio folders.
When I looking Project | Options | Packages, I don't see bcbsmp.bpl listed in the installed packages.

QUESTION 2
Should the XE project require this package?

QUESTION 3
General question - can anyone geenrally see what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks

Garrett

Garrett B

Re: Installed packages - runtime packages  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 15, 2016 4:20 PM   in response to: Garrett B in response to: Garrett B
Update on the above:

I went ahead and just copied the VisLibRT.bpl to the project source directory, and now the project compiles, links, and runs, as long as I build it with Runtime Packages set to FALSE.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02