Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Rave multipage report

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Sep 13, 2016 9:08 AM Last Post By: Tim Stainton Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Tim Stainton

Rave multipage report  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 13, 2016 2:23 AM
Hi

I am using D7 and Rave and a database with multiple text fields for one record. Running the report starts with a particular record being located in the database table and the report then has a number of DataMemo components going down the page. It can fit about 4, given the amount of text, for TextField1, TextField2 etc.. This is rather like the DbCtrlGrid in D7.

If I only had 4 text fields in the database, then job done but there are actually about 30, which means that I would need about 7 or 8 pages to show them all. I can certainly add multiple pages to the report but the problem is that they do not print off as a single report.

I am not sure if Rave is designed to be used like this.Assuming this makes sense, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Edited by: Tim Stainton on Sep 13, 2016 2:24 AM
George Winkler

Re: Rave multipage report  
  Posted: Sep 13, 2016 8:35 AM   in response to: Tim Stainton in response to: Tim Stainton
Tim Stainton wrote:
Hi

I am using D7 and Rave and a database with multiple text fields for one record. Running the report starts with a particular record being located in the database table and the report then has a number of DataMemo components going down the page. It can fit about 4, given the amount of text, for TextField1, TextField2 etc.. This is rather like the DbCtrlGrid in D7.

If I only had 4 text fields in the database, then job done but there are actually about 30, which means that I would need about 7 or 8 pages to show them all. I can certainly add multiple pages to the report but the problem is that they do not print off as a single report.

I am not sure if Rave is designed to be used like this.Assuming this makes sense, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

ONE WAY: Figure out how many will fit on the page. Put in a counter and when you reach the counter, do NextPage; Be sure to zero the counter.

ANOTHER WAY: I always use code to print so I have a variable, gYPos, that is updated for every line printed. When it hits, say 10.4, I do NextPage and zero out gYPos for the start of the next page.

Does that make sense? Works for me.

George

Tim Stainton

Re: Rave multipage report  
  Posted: Sep 13, 2016 9:08 AM   in response to: George Winkler in response to: George Winkler
George Winkler wrote:
Tim Stainton wrote:
Hi

Thanks.

ONE WAY: Figure out how many will fit on the page. Put in a counter and when you reach the counter, do NextPage; Be sure to zero the counter.

ANOTHER WAY: I always use code to print so I have a variable, gYPos, that is updated for every line printed. When it hits, say 10.4, I do NextPage and zero out gYPos for the start of the next page.

Does that make sense? Works for me.

George

Brilliant, thank you. I will give it a go and see how I get on.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02