Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: 64 bit Rave reports access violation

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Oct 18, 2017 2:41 AM Last Post By: Charly Luyet Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
JAMES FULLALOVE

64 bit Rave reports access violation
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 10, 2016 6:51 AM
I've installed the latest version of Rave and Delphi Seattle. I ran an existing rave report in the 32 bit exe, no issues. Changed to build in 64 bit and I get an access violation on execute.
Do I need to do anything specific when I build in 64 bit or is this a bug with the components?

I've emailed Nevrona - no reply
Jan Lauridsen

Re: 64 bit Rave reports access violation
  Posted: Aug 11, 2016 2:23 AM   in response to: JAMES FULLALOVE in response to: JAMES FULLALOVE
JAMES FULLALOVE wrote:
I've installed the latest version of Rave and Delphi Seattle. I ran an existing rave report in the 32 bit exe, no issues. Changed to build in 64 bit and I get an access violation on execute.
Do I need to do anything specific when I build in 64 bit or is this a bug with the components?

Hi James,

I have the same issue. There is a bug in their 64 bit code. I have emailed Nevrona many times. I did get a reply on my first email, where they confirmed that this is a bug and that they will fix it soon. But 6 month have past now and I have received no replies on any of the subsequent emails I have sent to their support email address. I am starting to suspect this company is dead or dying. Does anybody know? Either that or has horrible support.

Here are my findings - maybe it can help you
*) The crash happens only in 64 bit when calling TRvProject.Execute. The crash is an access violation in TRaveDataSystem.WriteInt
*) If the Rave Reports Designer (Rave.exe) is opened BEFORE the 64 bit application is executed and kept open the crash does NOT happen.
*) Alternative if Delphi is open AND the form containing all the rave components is open in the Delphi integrated development environment the crash does NOT happen when executing the report.
Charly Luyet

Re: 64 bit Rave reports access violation
  Posted: Oct 18, 2017 2:41 AM   in response to: Jan Lauridsen in response to: Jan Lauridsen
Jan Lauridsen wrote:
JAMES FULLALOVE wrote:

Hi James,

I have the same issue. There is a bug in their 64 bit code. I have emailed Nevrona many times. I did get a reply on my first email, where they confirmed that this is a bug and that they will fix it soon. But 6 month have past now and I have received no replies on any of the subsequent emails I have sent to their support email address. I am starting to suspect this company is dead or dying. Does anybody know? Either that or has horrible support.

Here are my findings - maybe it can help you
*) The crash happens only in 64 bit when calling TRvProject.Execute. The crash is an access violation in TRaveDataSystem.WriteInt
*) If the Rave Reports Designer (Rave.exe) is opened BEFORE the 64 bit application is executed and kept open the crash does NOT happen.
*) Alternative if Delphi is open AND the form containing all the rave components is open in the Delphi integrated development environment the crash does NOT happen when executing the report.

As a follow-up if someone has the same bug : the problem has been fixed by Novrona in version 11.0.12 of Rave Reports.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02