Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi 10.1 Install

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: May 27, 2016 8:10 AM Last Post By: John Dammeyer Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
David Lipschitz

Delphi 10.1 Install  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 30, 2016 5:18 AM
Dear all

I asked Marco Cantu if 10.1 can live side by side with 10.0, and he said yes, but I decided to rather remove all my old Delphi code that I don't need.

On this particular virtual machine I have Delphi 7 and then a bunch of Delphi XE's. I kept D7 and removed 62GB of Delphi XE's!!

I did the new online installation.

After installation the start menu has Delphi 10.1 Berlin and RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin. RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin crashes.

You need to select the TeeChart standard if you install FastReport VCL, otherwise you get an error, c:\program files (x86)\FastReports\LibD24\dcltee24.bpl can't be loaded, even though it exists.

I did the updated installation from the original delphi10_1_esd.exe file, although i see that I should have done it inside Delphi. On the second installation I forgot to untick iOS Delphi iOS Enterprise and it has installed, but it isn't in the Target Platforms list.

I have noticed the following bugs:

When adding on onclick or any method that runs from a form, if your procedure / function end; has a comment after it, the new code is inserted before the comment!!, eg I put the procedure name after the end; so that I know where I am on my programs.

The TAnimate component is not working.

Hope this helps. Hopefully someone can make suggestions.

Regards
David
John Dammeyer

Re: Delphi 10.1 Install  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 27, 2016 8:10 AM   in response to: David Lipschitz in response to: David Lipschitz
I just installed RAD Berlin on my laptop which I use for testing before doing something to the main workstation. Had to do a major cleanup to make room for the 33GB needed. And had to leave the C++ stuff among others behind for lack of space. Free space left is 17GB.

Did not want to remove XE7 or D5 and glad I didn't. Opened up a small Android project I was using to learn about mobile apps and tried to set the margins to make the image fit in the LG phone using for testing. Don't remember exactly what I did but Berlin crashed.

Reloaded the app in XE7 and continued with what I was doing and no problems.

I will open up a support ticket when I try it again later today as it was very late by the time it was installed. But it doesn't bode well for Delphi 10.1
John

David Lipschitz wrote:
Dear all

I asked Marco Cantu if 10.1 can live side by side with 10.0, and he said yes, but I decided to rather remove all my old Delphi code that I don't need.

On this particular virtual machine I have Delphi 7 and then a bunch of Delphi XE's. I kept D7 and removed 62GB of Delphi XE's!!

I did the new online installation.

After installation the start menu has Delphi 10.1 Berlin and RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin. RAD Studio 10.1 Berlin crashes.

You need to select the TeeChart standard if you install FastReport VCL, otherwise you get an error, c:\program files (x86)\FastReports\LibD24\dcltee24.bpl can't be loaded, even though it exists.

I did the updated installation from the original delphi10_1_esd.exe file, although i see that I should have done it inside Delphi. On the second installation I forgot to untick iOS Delphi iOS Enterprise and it has installed, but it isn't in the Target Platforms list.

I have noticed the following bugs:

When adding on onclick or any method that runs from a form, if your procedure / function end; has a comment after it, the new code is inserted before the comment!!, eg I put the procedure name after the end; so that I know where I am on my programs.

The TAnimate component is not working.

Hope this helps. Hopefully someone can make suggestions.

Regards
David
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02