Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Polygon triangulation library component

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Feb 10, 2016 7:57 AM Last Post By: Arkady Semylio Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
James Williams

Polygon triangulation library component  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 10, 2016 3:45 AM
Does anyone know of a good robust 2D or preferably 3D polygon triangulation library that can handle internal polygon hole removal and such that is designed for C++ Builder or that can easily be implemented in C++ Builder? I am looking for something that is flexible, robust, stable and fast.

Thanks,

James
Arkady Semylio

Re: Polygon triangulation library component
Helpful
  Posted: Feb 10, 2016 4:58 AM   in response to: James Williams in response to: James Williams
James Williams wrote:
Does anyone know of a good robust 2D or preferably 3D polygon triangulation library that can handle internal polygon hole removal and such that is designed for C++ Builder or that can easily be implemented in C++ Builder? I am looking for something that is flexible, robust, stable and fast.

Thanks,

James

Boost has a polygon library supporting Delaunay triangulation, medial axis, straight skeleton, and the largest empty circle.

[http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/polygon/doc/index.htm]

I haven't tried, but both BCC32C and BCC64 should compile that library. It's included with RAD Boost package, also downloadable via getit.

Bye bye
James Williams

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 7:31 AM   in response to: Arkady Semylio in response to: Arkady Semylio
Arkady Semylio wrote:
James Williams wrote:

Thanks,

James

Boost has a polygon library supporting Delaunay triangulation, medial axis, straight skeleton, and the largest empty circle.

I haven't tried, but both BCC32C and BCC64 should compile that library. It's included with RAD Boost package, also downloadable via getit.

Bye bye

Thanks for the reference. I took a brief look at it and it appears to be a bit complicated to understand and use. I have no problem paying for a library that is of good quality and easy to use and understand. All I am looking for is a "simple" function that I can pass in an array of "exterior" polygon points, an array of "interior/holes" polygon array sets and get back an array of points that are the triangulation such that I can pass to OpenGL graphics routine.

If there is an example of the boost library that shows this particular feature, then I am more than happy to try and use it. I just don't have time at the moment to read through and understand the Boost implementation in order to be able to get back what I am looking for.

Regards,

James
Arkady Semylio

Posted: Feb 10, 2016 7:57 AM   in response to: James Williams in response to: James Williams
James Williams wrote:
Arkady Semylio wrote:
James Williams wrote:

Thanks,

James

Bye bye

Thanks for the reference. I took a brief look at it and it appears to be a bit complicated to understand and use. I have no problem paying for a library that is of good quality and easy to use and understand. All I am looking for is a "simple" function that I can pass in an array of "exterior" polygon points, an array of "interior/holes" polygon array sets and get back an array of points that are the triangulation such that I can pass to OpenGL graphics routine.

If there is an example of the boost library that shows this particular feature, then I am more than happy to try and use it. I just don't have time at the moment to read through and understand the Boost implementation in order to be able to get back what I am looking for.

Regards,

James

Maybe you can try with CGAL http://www.cgal.org/ or S-Hull http://www.s-hull.org/.

Bye bye
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02