Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Seatle Blank 32 bit application crashes immediately on iPhone 5 with ios9

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 11 - Last Post: Nov 6, 2015 12:14 PM Last Post By: Vinicius Granada Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Andreas Wegener

Seatle Blank 32 bit application crashes immediately on iPhone 5 with ios9  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 22, 2015 12:48 AM
Rad Studio Seatle 10.0
Mac with current ios, Xcode 7 and command line tools installed, iPhone 5 with ios9
I created a new Blank c++ 32 Bit Multi device application with the wizard containing only one form.
I was able to compile and deploy the app to the iPhone.
Immediately after start the App crashed (see console log log below)
This happens also if I use a Delphi project wizard
Any ideas are very welcome.
Many thanks

Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone kernel[0] <Notice>: OSUnserializeXML: duplicate dictionary key near line 9
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone kernel[0] <Notice>: AMFI: hook..execve() killing pid 489: entitlements not XML
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone kernel[0] <Notice>: Sandbox: hook..execve() killing pid 489: application requires container but none set
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (UIKitApplication:Project4[0x3303][489]) <Notice>: Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone assertiond[65] <Warning>: Unable to obtain a task name port right for pid 489: (os/kern) failure (5)
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Warning>: Unable to register for exec notifications: No such process
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Warning>: Unable to obtain a task name port right for pid 489: (os/kern) failure (5)
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Warning>: Unable to obtain a task name port right for <FBApplicationProcess: 0x1d62ff40; Project4; pid: 489>
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Warning>: Application 'UIKitApplication:Project4[0x3303]' exited abnormally via signal.
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextSaveGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextTranslateCTM: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextSaveGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextTranslateCTM: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.
Sep 22 08:38:28 Andreass-iPhone SpringBoard[48] <Warning>: Application '(null)' exited for an unknown reason.

Edited by: Andreas Wegener on Sep 22, 2015 12:51 AM

Vinicius Granada

Re: Seatle Blank 32 bit application crashes immediately on iPhone 5 with ios9  
  Posted: Oct 1, 2015 10:25 AM   in response to: Andreas Wegener in response to: Andreas Wegener
Hello Andreas.

I have the same problem to several days.

Have you managed to solve?

Thank you.
Andreas Wegener

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 12:10 AM   in response to: Vinicius Granada in response to: Vinicius Granada
Vinicius Granada wrote:
Hello Andreas.

I have the same problem to several days.

Have you managed to solve?

Thank you.
Hi Vinicius .

Finally it worked for me but i am not sure why :-).
I think its related to provisioning profiles.
In my case I had some double certificate installed which had different expire dates.
Also my XE8 Application throws some exceptions at startup which have been gracefully ignored under XE8 but not under Seattle and caused an App crash. (In this case I tried to open a picture which was not present in the document directory on an iPhone. It was in a try catch but no idea ..

So I would suggest:

- remove all certificates and profiles for mobile development on the Mac from the Keychain
- also make sure to remove all files under /user/<yourname>/library/mobile device/Provisioning Profiles
- download your profiles and certificate form apple and reinstall them in keychain
- for your “old” App create a new blank multi device App in Seatle and copy your cpp and forms to the new project .

What also helped me a lot is to enable the verbose mode on the paserver at the Mac.
You can see the commands that are executed and you can copy these commands and execute them in a shell.
This gives sometimes more precise error messages. I my case I could see the duplicate certificate issue.
This error was shown in the shell but not at Seatle message window.

Hope I could be of any help
Vinicius Granada

Posted: Oct 2, 2015 1:05 PM   in response to: Andreas Wegener in response to: Andreas Wegener
Hello Andreas,

thank you for your tips ...

unfortunately not helped me.
I'm with this particular problem:

SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextSaveGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.
SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextTranslateCTM: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.
SpringBoard[48] <Error>: CGContextRestoreGState: invalid context 0x0. If you want to see the backtrace, please set CG_CONTEXT_SHOW_BACKTRACE environmental variable.

I have a clean app with nothing, I started a new project, do not put anything in it, no code line and yet this error keeps popping up. I am extremely tired and outraged by this.

If you have any other tips, please ...

Are you Brazilian?

Hugs,

Vinicius Granada

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 4:12 PM   in response to: Andreas Wegener in response to: Andreas Wegener
Hi Andreas,
I updated the PAServer 17 with the update of 09/28/2015, but the error is still going on.

I await new tips ...

thank you
Andreas Wegener

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 10:01 PM   in response to: Vinicius Granada in response to: Vinicius Granada
Vinicius Granada wrote:
Hi Andreas,
I updated the PAServer 17 with the update of 09/28/2015, but the error is still going on.

I await new tips ...

thank you
Hi Vinicius.
Sorry for late reply.
No Brasilain :-), German

Is this you frist App build with Embacadero ?

To be honest i have no ideas anymore
it works now for me.
Maybe you have to check your installed provisioning profiles at your phone ?

You also may try to create an ad hoc provisioning Profile.

Is your deveoper profile correctly found at the provisioning settings of the Project if you select ios device 32 bit development ?

Try to start the app with the debugger ...
Vinicius Granada

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 6:22 AM   in response to: Andreas Wegener in response to: Andreas Wegener
Hi Andreas,

I've done what you suggested, but I will do it again ...

Is my application Primiero yes, but it is also happening in the second.

The app usually works on all my test devices, even throwing these errors at startup, both in the Developer mode as in ad hoc, the problem is only with the approval in the App Store.

The most annoying is that a number of approved applications, all of which tested such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Waze, TeamViewer, throw all the memos error when starting.

Any published app in the App Store? What?

My app is already two months in the Play Store stopped, waiting for the App Store to accept for me to begin to disclose, so you can imagine how much I am in trouble.

I've started a bug report on 02 October, but so far had no return.

Hugs .·.

-
Andreas Wegener

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 6:30 AM   in response to: Vinicius Granada in response to: Vinicius Granada
Hi Vinicius .

Do you receive any exception if you run the app on your ios Devcie with the Debugger connected?
Try to start the app with F9.
This will deploy the app to your phone and start in debug mode.
Maybe there are unhandled exceptions?
Any logs in the paserver ?(Verbose mode on ?)
Warnings in the Seatle message window?
Vinicius Granada

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 6:40 AM   in response to: Andreas Wegener in response to: Andreas Wegener
Hi

I'm sure I've done it and did not appear no exception, but I'll try again, I'm just waiting for the installation of Delphi finished, I decided to remove and install again.

once I finish'll test again and notice you.

thank you.
-
Vinicius Granada

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 9:52 AM   in response to: Andreas Wegener in response to: Andreas Wegener
Andreas

not changed, it follows the same mistakes.

I made every attempt you suggested, but PAServer the Verbose does not accuse any mistakes. In the IDE Debbug also not, these errors are thrown even before the Debbug start working, so still think the problem is a bug in iOS 9 and not in my application, noting that these mistakes happen also in other applications that have installed.

Thank you very much for your help.
I put news here.

Hugs
Andreas Wegener

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 10:23 AM   in response to: Vinicius Granada in response to: Vinicius Granada
Good luck.
Let me know what helped please of you find a solution.
Maybe a total reset of the iPhone ?
Vinicius Granada

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 12:14 PM   in response to: Andreas Wegener in response to: Andreas Wegener
Hello Andreas,

on 10/29/2015 Apple sent me an email stating that he had already solved this bug.

Fortunately the error was not with my project. Unfortunately Apple took one month to recognize and resolve the issue.

Now my app is now available on the App Store.

Thanks a lot for the help.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02