Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Missing TeeChart Standard VCL Components in XE7

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Apr 21, 2015 10:33 AM Last Post By: Borja Serrano
Daniel Botteron

Missing TeeChart Standard VCL Components in XE7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 21, 2015 9:49 AM
Howdy all,

I'm definitely not a Delphi developer. Just someone who needs to do some minor maintenance on a Delphi legacy app, so bear that in mind.

Here's the deal: Our app uses some TeeChart VCL components, all of which are included in the TeeChart Lite and Standard packages that are supposed to come with XE7. Now I say "supposed to" because, although I'm working with a completely fresh install and the TeeChart Standard package is listed as installed in the "Install Packages" dialog under "Tools," only the TeeChart Lite components show up in the Tool Palette. The Standard components simply do not appear (in the designer view for a brand new VCL Forms app, just to be sure), and I'm honestly at a loss for where to start troubleshooting this. Is this something better suited for support?
Borja Serrano

Re: Missing TeeChart Standard VCL Components in XE7
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 21, 2015 10:33 AM   in response to: Daniel Botteron in response to: Daniel Botteron
The difference between the real TeeChart VCL Standard package and the one that comes from the IDE is the source code and the updates:

http://www.steema.com/featurematrix/vcl

Don't worry if you see Teechart Lite in the Tool Palette, you are actually getting the Standard ones.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02