Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Interbase Connections

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Apr 28, 2015 3:28 PM Last Post By: Sriram Balasubr... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
ken pfeiffer

Interbase Connections  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 20, 2015 3:07 PM
I am using Interbase XE server. When I run IBConsole and look at either "Connected Users" or "Performance Monitor'->Attachments, I can see that there are remote users who have have User name and Host entries, but no IP address. Everyone also has a Process ID. I am wondering how can a user connect without having an IP address. We have recently had some database corruption issues and I am trying to id the machines involved but am baffled that there is a host without an IP address. I am wondering if this reflects some other problem. Please let me know. Thanks much!
quinn wildman

Re: Interbase Connections  
  Posted: Apr 27, 2015 6:25 PM   in response to: ken pfeiffer in response to: ken pfeiffer
Any chance they are really local users? They would not have an ip address.

ken pfeiffer wrote:
I am using Interbase XE server. When I run IBConsole and look at either "Connected Users" or "Performance Monitor'->Attachments, I can see that there are remote users who have have User name and Host entries, but no IP address. Everyone also has a Process ID. I am wondering how can a user connect without having an IP address. We have recently had some database corruption issues and I am trying to id the machines involved but am baffled that there is a host without an IP address. I am wondering if this
reflects some other problem. Please let me know. Thanks much!
ken pfeiffer

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 9:27 AM   in response to: quinn wildman in response to: quinn wildman
Thanks, Quinn. The strange thing is that it gives a Host name which is a different name from the server, but there is no IP address.
All the local connections have the server name as the host. So this is still puzzling....

quinn wildman wrote:

ken pfeiffer wrote:
I am using Interbase XE server. When I run IBConsole and look at either "Connected Users" or "Performance Monitor'->Attachments, I can see that there are remote users who have have User name and Host entries, but no IP address. Everyone also has a Process ID. I am wondering how can a user connect without having an IP address. We have recently had some database corruption issues and I am trying to id the machines involved but am baffled that there is a host without an IP address. I am wondering if this
Sriram Balasubr...

Posted: Apr 28, 2015 3:28 PM   in response to: ken pfeiffer in response to: ken pfeiffer
Ken,
Could these be connections made by NetBEUI clients on your network?

To diagnose, hope this helps; http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/InterBase/XE7/en/NetBEUI_Connections

Best wishes,
Sriram

ken pfeiffer wrote:
Thanks, Quinn. The strange thing is that it gives a Host name which is a different name from the server, but there is no IP address.
All the local connections have the server name as the host. So this is still puzzling....

quinn wildman wrote:

ken pfeiffer wrote:
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02