Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Desktop XE7 unable to complete network request to host 127.0.0.1:3050

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Feb 11, 2015 4:50 AM Last Post By: Patricio Cerda Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Patricio Cerda

Desktop XE7 unable to complete network request to host 127.0.0.1:3050
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 25, 2015 7:13 PM
Hi,

About a week ago I did an InterBase Desktop XE7 installation as part of my application. Both of them works well in all aspects, however yesterday I couldn't access to the database through IB Console, but my application and database are still working well. Following is the error message: "Unable to complete network request to host "127.0.0.1:3050".Failed to establish a connection.No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bits, and I already check and deactivate the windows firewall and AVG Antivirus; also I did an installation and a new installation of InterBase Desktop XE7, but the problem is still there. I need to access to the database for some data maintenance but I can't.

What could be blocking the normal access?

Any help would be appreciate.

Regards,
Patricio Cerda
quinn wildman

Re: Desktop XE7 unable to complete network request to host 127.0.0.1:3050
  Posted: Jan 26, 2015 9:26 AM   in response to: Patricio Cerda in response to: Patricio Cerda
Something in your network infracture is blocking access to that
ipadress. Most commonly this would be a firewall, but if you are
convinced that is not the case, then look for something else in your
network - for example a bad hosts file or maybe a domain controller.

Patricio Cerda wrote:
Hi,

About a week ago I did an InterBase Desktop XE7 installation as part of my application. Both of them works well in all aspects, however yesterday I couldn't access to the database through IB Console, but my application and database are still working well. Following is the error message: "Unable to complete network request to host "127.0.0.1:3050".Failed to establish a connection.No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

I'm using Windows 8.1 64 bits, and I already check and deactivate the windows firewall and AVG Antivirus; also I did an installation and a new installation of InterBase Desktop XE7, but the problem is still there. I need to access to the database for some data maintenance but I can't.

What could be blocking the normal access?

Any help would be appreciate.

Regards,
Patricio Cerda
Patricio Cerda

Posted: Jan 28, 2015 7:26 AM   in response to: quinn wildman in response to: quinn wildman
Thanks for your answer Quinn, but I just double check and did a complete uninstall of the AVG Antivirus and deactivate the Windows Firewall. Then check for any other potential installed software that could be affecting and it is not because the computer is very new and don't have other uses except my application and InterBase. In addition there is a Desktop version of InterBase so I can't understand why could be a problem with the IP address of the PC. So I'm convinced that problem is not with a Firewall.

You say that I must check a possible bad hosts file or a domain controller. Could you please explain me a bit more on that?

Best regards,
Patricio Cerda

Something in your network infracture is blocking access to that
ipadress. Most commonly this would be a firewall, but if you are
convinced that is not the case, then look for something else in your
network - for example a bad hosts file or maybe a domain controller.
quinn wildman

Posted: Jan 28, 2015 8:29 AM   in response to: Patricio Cerda in response to: Patricio Cerda
Patricio Cerda wrote:
You say that I must check a possible bad hosts file or a domain controller. Could you please explain me a bit more on that?

http:/www.lmgtfy.com/?q=domain+controller
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=hosts+file

:-)
Patricio Cerda

Posted: Feb 5, 2015 12:59 PM   in response to: quinn wildman in response to: quinn wildman
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=hosts+fileBut, after read many posts I can't understand if there are something wrong with Hosts file and/or DC.

Very graphic your message Quinn, thanks.
I'm absolutely inexpert on this matter, so probably I'm not seeing the correct things to solve the problem.

Please let me resume the problem again to be sure that I asked well about my problem.
There is an individual PC with Win8.1 and IB XE7 Desktop. Also there are the database file and my application that have been used without any problem. However, after few days from the deployment, I lost the possibility to access to the database file using IBConsole, because there is following error: "Desktop XE7 unable to complete network request to host 127.0.0.1:3050".

I can't understand what is the problem, because the PC is not part of any network, it is alone. In addition, the server is running: I can stop or start it and works well with my application. Just can't open the database file with IBConsole. I uninstall the virus software and stopped the windows firewall. Yesterday I did a repair of Win8.1 expecting to solve the problem but it still there. The Hosts file seem to be Ok as following.

# Comments and example
# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

I don't know what else to test.
Could you please gift me your comments or tips once again?

Best regards,
Patricio Cerda
quinn wildman

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 7:45 AM   in response to: Patricio Cerda in response to: Patricio Cerda
In rereading your description, I am pretty sure I know the cause. The
cause is you are specifying a connection that uses TCP/IP. That means
you are specifying a servername or an ip address. This is not allowed
when using an InterBase desktop connection.

Patricio Cerda wrote:

There is an individual PC with Win8.1 and IB XE7 Desktop. Also there are the database file and my application that have been used without any problem. However, after few days from the deployment, I lost the possibility to access to the database file using IBConsole, because there is following error: "Desktop XE7 unable to complete network request to host 127.0.0.1:3050".
Patricio Cerda

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 4:41 AM   in response to: quinn wildman in response to: quinn wildman
Quinn, Thanks for your help.

The cause is you are specifying a connection that uses TCP/IP. That means
you are specifying a servername or an ip address. This is not allowed
when using an InterBase desktop connection.

I didn't remember if I specified a TCP/IP when I registered the server using IBConsole, I think that just select local server when added an InterBase Server. But, definitively there was a problem with the added local server because finally I could access to the local server and database file after remove local server and then add it again, selecting local host option.

Best regards,
Patricio Cerda
Sriram Balasubr...

Posted: Feb 9, 2015 11:46 AM   in response to: Patricio Cerda in response to: Patricio Cerda
Patricio,
When you using InterBase Desktop Edition, IBConsole can only use "Local Server" connections to the server and databases; the server cannot communicate over TCP/IP.

Best wishes,
Sriram

Patricio Cerda wrote:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=hosts+fileBut, after read many posts I can't understand if there are something wrong with Hosts file and/or DC.

Very graphic your message Quinn, thanks.
I'm absolutely inexpert on this matter, so probably I'm not seeing the correct things to solve the problem.

Please let me resume the problem again to be sure that I asked well about my problem.

I can't understand what is the problem, because the PC is not part of any network, it is alone. In addition, the server is running: I can stop or start it and works well with my application. Just can't open the database file with IBConsole. I uninstall the virus software and stopped the windows firewall. Yesterday I did a repair of Win8.1 expecting to solve the problem but it still there. The Hosts file seem to be Ok as following.

# Comments and example
# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
# 127.0.0.1 localhost
# ::1 localhost

I don't know what else to test.
Could you please gift me your comments or tips once again?

Best regards,
Patricio Cerda
Patricio Cerda

Posted: Feb 11, 2015 4:50 AM   in response to: Sriram Balasubr... in response to: Sriram Balasubr...
Thanks Sriram.

When you using InterBase Desktop Edition, IBConsole can only use "Local Server" connections to the server and databases; the server cannot communicate over TCP/IP.

There was a problem with the added local server because finally I could access to the local server and database file after remove local server and then add it again, selecting local host option.

Best regards,
Patricio Cerda
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02