Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: client cert with HTTPRio

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Dec 12, 2017 10:40 PM Last Post By: Shlomo Vinishsky
Charles Dupont

client cert with HTTPRio
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 7, 2015 10:22 AM
XE3.

I'm trying to access a SOAP service that requires a client certificate. I have certificate 'foo.p12' and a password for the certificate. Is there any way to implement this without importing the certificate into the Windows store? For example, I'm doing something similar with Synapse and can specify the path to the cert file and cert pw and it works with no problem. In the current case I'm trying to use the HTTPRio ClientCertificate property but am not sure what properties are necessary to set.

I've also tried importing the certificate via IE. In this case, I can specify the certificate at design time using the property editor but as far as I can tell doing this isn't doing anything. In any case, I'm creating the HTTPRio component in code so need to set the properties manually anyway.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

TIA.
Charles Dupont

Re: client cert with HTTPRio
  Posted: Jan 9, 2015 11:03 AM   in response to: Charles Dupont in response to: Charles Dupont
This seems to just be broken in XE3. The issue and a workaround are described here:

http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=118831

It seems to work better in XE7 but I'm not sure if 'work better' means it actually works or not.

I have to say it's a little disconcerting that there doesn't seem to be a shred of information anywhere about creating a soap service with delphi that requires a certificate; not to mention XE3 being outright broken in this regard. Oh well.
Shlomo Vinishsky

Re: client cert with HTTPRio
  Posted: Dec 12, 2017 10:40 PM   in response to: Charles Dupont in response to: Charles Dupont
Charles Dupont wrote:
This seems to just be broken in XE3. The issue and a workaround are described here:

http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=118831

It seems to work better in XE7 but I'm not sure if 'work better' means it actually works or not.

I have to say it's a little disconcerting that there doesn't seem to be a shred of information anywhere about creating a soap service with delphi that requires a certificate; not to mention XE3 being outright broken in this regard. Oh well.

Hi Charles,
I need the workaround badly but the link you provided above leads to "Service Unavailable" ...
Any chance of getting a fresh one?
Thank you in advance
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02