Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Is BDERTL present on my application?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Nov 24, 2014 8:18 AM Last Post By: quinn wildman
Patricio Cerda

Is BDERTL present on my application?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 23, 2014 12:01 PM
Hi,

I have an application that originally used BDE. A long time has passed since, and more recently it has been using InterBase. I have successfully developed new functionalities and optimizations for 32 bits using C++ Builder XE.

I'm currently trying to migrate this application to 64 bits using C++ Builder XE5, but I'm stuck due to a problem with some BDERTL.a file that is not found: "Unable to find static library: bdertl.a". How can I be sure that BDE is completely removed from my project? and/or How can I solved this bdertl.a file that is not found?

Regards,
Patricio Cerda
quinn wildman

Re: Is BDERTL present on my application?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 24, 2014 8:18 AM   in response to: Patricio Cerda in response to: Patricio Cerda
Look in .h files for #include of BDE hpp files.

Patricio Cerda wrote:
Hi,

I have an application that originally used BDE. A long time has passed since, and more recently it has been using InterBase. I have successfully developed new functionalities and optimizations for 32 bits using C++ Builder XE.

I'm currently trying to migrate this application to 64 bits using C++ Builder XE5, but I'm stuck due to a problem with some BDERTL.a file that is not found: "Unable to find static library: bdertl.a". How can I be sure that BDE is completely removed from my project? and/or How can I solved this bdertl.a file that is not found?

Regards,
Patricio Cerda
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02