Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Using version 2 codesign

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Oct 23, 2014 11:01 AM Last Post By: Scott Hochberg Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Scott Hochberg

Using version 2 codesign  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 23, 2014 6:17 AM
Has anyone had any success codesigning a Firemonkey app in OSX using the new version 2 OSX codesign, which is now required?

I keep getting errors and when I try to sign the simplest of demo programs, I get an error that the Info.plist has been modified and is invalid.

Thanks.

Scott
Sebastian Zierer

Re: Using version 2 codesign  
  Posted: Oct 23, 2014 6:25 AM   in response to: Scott Hochberg in response to: Scott Hochberg
Scott Hochberg wrote:
Has anyone had any success codesigning a Firemonkey app in OSX using the new version 2 OSX codesign, which is now required?

After deleting Entitlements.plist it works fine for me.
Scott Hochberg

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 11:01 AM   in response to: Sebastian Zierer in response to: Sebastian Zierer
Sebastian Zierer wrote:
Scott Hochberg wrote:

After deleting Entitlements.plist it works fine for me.

THANKS! That at least is giving me a verify on a dummy simple package. I will try it on more complicated packages and report back.

Meanwhile, the spctl tool does not seem to work for me on Mavericks. Whatever syntax I use seems to give me back just the syntax help, instead of actually running.

I'm using spctl -a -t exec -vv [path]

Any thoughts?

S
Douglas Rudd

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 8:36 AM   in response to: Scott Hochberg in response to: Scott Hochberg
What is "new version 2 OSX codesign"? I'm using Xcode 6.0.1 with latest Command Line Tools.
Has been working OK so far.
Scott Hochberg

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 10:36 AM   in response to: Douglas Rudd in response to: Douglas Rudd
Douglas Rudd wrote:
What is "new version 2 OSX codesign"? I'm using Xcode 6.0.1 with latest Command Line Tools.
Has been working OK so far.

As of a couple weeks ago, you have to use Mavericks 10.9.5 or Yosemite to code anything that you code, or the signing will be considered invalid even on older versions of the OS. The new version is much stricter on exactly where things must go in the file, and how it must be constructed. We released an update to our software last week and some of our customers cannot install it without getting around Gatekeeper, while we've never had a problem in the past.

So far, trying to codesign even a simple app from 10.9.5 has been unsuccessful.

I will try the suggestion of eliminating the entitlements plist and see if that helps.

S
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02