Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: How may I overcome this link error on coreservices.dylib

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Jan 28, 2015 4:13 PM Last Post By: Pavel Alhymov
Ramon Huijbens

How may I overcome this link error on coreservices.dylib
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 22, 2014 2:48 PM
[DCC Error] E2597 ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_coreservice

When I target the IPhone 8.0 SDK for my IPad device, my application will not compile/link.
(Targeting 7.0.3 works fine)

The following appears in my build messages:

dcc command line for "TabletMasterDetailApplication.dpr"
c:\program files\embarcadero\studio\14.0\bin\dcciosarm.exe -$O- --no-config -M -Q -TX. -AGenerics.Collections=System.Generics.Collections;
Generics.Defaults=System.Generics.Defaults;WinTypes=Winapi.Windows;WinProcs=Winapi.Windows;DbiTypes=BDE;DbiProcs=BDE;DbiErrs=BDE -DDEBUG
-E.\iOSDevice\Debug -I"c:\program files\embarcadero\studio\14.0\lib\iOSDevice\debug";"c:\program files\embarcadero\studio\14.0\lib\iOSDevice\Release"
-LEC:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\14.0\Bpl\iOSDevice -LNC:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\14.0\Dcp\iOSDevice
-NU.\iOSDevice\Debug -NSSystem;Xml;Data;Datasnap;Web;Soap; -O"c:\program files\embarcadero\studio\14.0\lib\iOSDevice\Release" -R"c:\program
files\embarcadero\studio\14.0\lib\iOSDevice\Release" -U"c:\program files\embarcadero\studio\14.0\lib\iOSDevice\debug";"c:\program
files\embarcadero\studio\14.0\lib\iOSDevice\Release" --syslibroot:d:\Users\ramon.huijbens\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk
--frameworkpath:d:\Users\ramon.huijbens\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk\System\Library\Frameworks;
d:\Users\ramon.huijbens\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\SDKs\iPhoneOS8.0.sdk\System\Library\PrivateFrameworks -V -VN --linker-option:"-arch armv7"
-NO.\iOSDevice\Debug TabletMasterDetailApplication.dpr
[DCC Error] E2597 ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_coreservices.dylib for architecture armv7
[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)
Failed
Re: How may I overcome this link error on coreservices.dylib
  Posted: Sep 24, 2014 9:51 AM   in response to: Ramon Huijbens in response to: Ramon Huijbens
I have identical problem in C++ Builder XE6, with slightly different error message due to the C++ linker:
[ld Error] ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_coreservices.dylib for architecture armv7

I did a try finding the file into /Applications/XCode.app and copying it into /usr/lib/system in Mac/Unix terminal command line.
But the problem remains the same.

Please help!

Edited by: Giovanni Benintende on Sep 24, 2014 9:32 PM
Eli M

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 2:27 PM   in response to: Ramon Huijbens in response to: Ramon Huijbens
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16490304/link-against-the-umbrella-framework

https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=656995

The answer seems to suggest that you need to replace the dylib text with the name of the framework instead?
Sebastian Zierer

Posted: Sep 24, 2014 2:41 PM   in response to: Ramon Huijbens in response to: Ramon Huijbens
Ramon Huijbens wrote:
When I target the IPhone 8.0 SDK for my IPad device, my application will not compile/link.
(Targeting 7.0.3 works fine)

Open Macapi.Dispatch and search for the following line:
libdispatch = '/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib';

This needs to changed to
libdispatch = '/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib'.

In your case it seems that it's not looking for libdispatch, but for another library, but the solution should be similar.

Edited by: Sebastian Zierer on Sep 24, 2014 11:42 PM
  Posted: Sep 25, 2014 12:56 PM   in response to: Sebastian Zierer in response to: Sebastian Zierer

This needs to changed to

In your case it seems that it's not looking for libdispatch, but for another library, but the solution should be similar.

I did not found a solution. Looking for a XE6 upgrade for Xcode6 / IOS8, at the time being I downgraded Xcode from 6 to 5.11 / IOS7.1

Thank you anyway.
Zivota Milic

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 2:56 AM   in response to: Guest in response to: Guest
Giovanni Benintende wrote:

This needs to changed to

I did not found a solution. Looking for a XE6 upgrade for Xcode6 / IOS8, at the time being I downgraded Xcode from 6 to 5.11 / IOS7.1

Thank you anyway.

Where i can find MAcapi.Dispatch.pas?
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 9:30 PM   in response to: Zivota Milic in response to: Zivota Milic
Zivota Milic wrote:
Where i can find MAcapi.Dispatch.pas?

\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\source\rtl\osx\Macapi.Dispatch.pas
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)
Richard Stevens

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 2:01 PM   in response to: Guest in response to: Guest
If you get the latest hotfix - which says it is just to do with the Simulator - this should solve the problem (it did for me).

http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/30013

One of the files in the hotfix sets the default paths for ios 8. Add that file to your bin folder, delete and reimport the ios8 sdk, and I think that should do it.

Richard
Pavel Alhymov

Posted: Jan 28, 2015 4:13 PM   in response to: Richard Stevens in response to: Richard Stevens
Richard Stevens wrote:
If you get the latest hotfix - which says it is just to do with the Simulator - this should solve the problem (it did for me).

http://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/30013

One of the files in the hotfix sets the default paths for ios 8. Add that file to your bin folder, delete and reimport the ios8 sdk, and I think that should do it.

Richard
delete and reimport the ios8 sdk - it's really important and it is works for 8.1 also (I'v copied iPhoneOS8.0.defaultsdkpaths to iPhoneOS8.1.defaultsdkpaths)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02