Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Interbase Lite and Firebird Distribution

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Apr 5, 2018 2:47 PM Last Post By: Bob Carson Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Bob Carson

Interbase Lite and Firebird Distribution  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 20, 2018 3:06 PM
I have an app called DataCopy 7 that reads, displays, and other functions with various databases. On my computer I can read, display, etc, Interbase and Firebird files, since I have RX 10.2.3 on my computer. When installing my app on another computer, without any version of RAD studio, I can read, etc the other file types: cds, sdb, mdb, and xls. I get errors when reading gdb of fdb files. I completed the procedures for test deployment license, and added the necessary dlls for Interbase Lite and Firebird , I still get errors. Where I need feedback is I need to find out if these files gdb and fdb are readable by my app when installed on a system with RAD Studio or Delphi installed. You can download my app from http://www.accessoryware.com/download/datacopy7.exe . Let me know if you can use this app to read Interbase and Firebird files. I used FireDac to access all files except cds. If you can use Datacopy 7.4, I will give you the registration code for free. (Windows 10).
Thank you for any feedback.
Bob Carson

Re: Interbase Lite and Firebird Distribution  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 5, 2018 2:47 PM   in response to: Bob Carson in response to: Bob Carson
If Interbase Server is running you can access Interbase Files using DataCopy7.exe If Firebase Server is installed and running, you can access Firebird Files. DataCopy7.exe will now support cds, sdb, mdb, xls, fdb, gdb and convert dbf to sdb files.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02