Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: OSX linker tries to link wininet.lib


This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Apr 10, 2018 9:52 AM Last Post By: Don Rowe Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Don Rowe

Posts: 37
Registered: 7/1/11
OSX linker tries to link wininet.lib  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 22, 2018 6:02 PM
Hi,
I just installed 10.2.3. My c++ firemonkey project previously ran fine on 10.2.1 win32 and osx. The same code builds and runs on win32. When I clean and build for osx, the linker complains it can't find wininet.lib. There's no mention of wininet in my source files or cbproj file. Anyone know what might be wanting wininet.lib for an osx build, and more importantly how to stop the osx linker from wanting wininet? Thanks in advance.
Remy Lebeau (Te...


Posts: 9,447
Registered: 12/23/01
Re: OSX linker tries to link wininet.lib  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 22, 2018 6:57 PM   in response to: Don Rowe in response to: Don Rowe
Don Rowe wrote:

There's no mention of wininet in my source files or cbproj file.

Unless there is a #pragma you missed in the sourece code, there has to
be a library reference in the project file. That is the only two
places the reference could be coming from.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Don Rowe

Posts: 37
Registered: 7/1/11
Re: OSX linker tries to link wininet.lib  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 23, 2018 8:56 AM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Thanks for the quick response. Any idea why the same source code and project file worked in 10.2.1 but not 10.2.3?

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
Don Rowe wrote:

There's no mention of wininet in my source files or cbproj file.

Unless there is a #pragma you missed in the sourece code, there has to
be a library reference in the project file. That is the only two
places the reference could be coming from.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Don Rowe

Posts: 37
Registered: 7/1/11
Re: OSX linker tries to link wininet.lib  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 10, 2018 9:52 AM   in response to: Don Rowe in response to: Don Rowe
The 10.2.3 IDE added some vcl libs to my firemonkey application. Manually removing those fixed the problem.

Don Rowe wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. Any idea why the same source code and project file worked in 10.2.1 but not 10.2.3?

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
Don Rowe wrote:

There's no mention of wininet in my source files or cbproj file.

Unless there is a #pragma you missed in the sourece code, there has to
be a library reference in the project file. That is the only two
places the reference could be coming from.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02