Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: RAD Studio 10.2.3 install error "Operation Error"?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Mar 21, 2018 8:04 AM Last Post By: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Chris LeFebvre

RAD Studio 10.2.3 install error "Operation Error"?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 21, 2018 7:34 AM
I'm trying to install RAD Studio 10.2.3 on one of my two development computers (Windows 8.1 x64), I installed it on my secondary computer first (just to test component compatibility etc) and the install went fine. However when I try and install it on my primary computer I get an error message "Operation Error - A problem occurred during the process" and it gives me the option to Retry or Close. No matter the number of Retry's I continue to get this message, if I select close the IDE will come up but the options to create new applications are missing

During install I'm only selecting Delphi Windows 32 & 64 bit and C++ Builder 32 & 64 bit, under additional options I'm selecting Samples, Help, Intraweb, TeeChart Standard and InterBase Express Components.

As far as I can tell the installer says "Downloading DirectX" and then it flashes "Installing" and that's when it fails.

Any idea's?
Remy Lebeau (Te...

Re: RAD Studio 10.2.3 install error "Operation Error"?
Helpful
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 21, 2018 8:04 AM   in response to: Chris LeFebvre in response to: Chris LeFebvre
Chris LeFebvre wrote:

As far as I can tell the installer says "Downloading DirectX" and
then it flashes "Installing" and that's when it fails.

This is covered in the release notes for 10.2.3:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Tokyo/en/10.2_Tokyo_-_Release_3#Installing_DirectX_using_the_GetIt_Installer

Installing DirectX using the GetIt Installer

If you encounter an installation error using the 10.2.3 GetIt based web
installer during the DirectX installation process, we recommend doing
the following:

- When the "Operation error" occurs, Click "Close". Then, terminate the
IDE.

- Double-click the "RAD Studio 10.2" icon on the Desktop.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02