Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: oracle connect "sys as sysdba" with TSQLConnection

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Mar 19, 2018 5:39 AM Last Post By: Dmitry Nikolaenko Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Shanil M

oracle connect "sys as sysdba" with TSQLConnection  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 13, 2018 12:53 AM
Hi how can I make an oracle "SYSDBA" connection with a TSQLConnection? If I try connecting as SYS, it says that the user needs to connect with SYSOPER or SYSDBA authentication. I have googled it but can't find a solution. I am using Delphi 10.1 Berlin Version 24.0.25048.9432.

Edited by: Shanil M on Mar 13, 2018 1:30 AM
Shanil M

Re: oracle connect "sys as sysdba" with TSQLConnection  
  Posted: Mar 19, 2018 2:08 AM   in response to: Shanil M in response to: Shanil M
Any thoughts? Is that not supported in dbexpress? Am I doomed to rewrite using FireDAC?
Dmitry Nikolaenko

Re: oracle connect "sys as sysdba" with TSQLConnection  
  Posted: Mar 19, 2018 5:39 AM   in response to: Shanil M in response to: Shanil M
Shanil M wrote:
Any thoughts? Is that not supported in dbexpress? Am I doomed to rewrite using FireDAC?

TSQLConnection allows using different dbExpress drivers to connect to Oracle, so the issue solution depends on dbExpress driver that you are using. For example, if you use Devart dbExpress driver for Oracle, then you can specify the system priviledges, which will be used when the user connects to the server using this code:
SQLConnection1.Params.Values['RoleName'] := 'SYSDBA';
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02