Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Android not available

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Mar 18, 2018 2:36 PM Last Post By: Richard Foersom
Morten Lassen

Android not available  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 18, 2017 2:20 AM
Hello there.

After having upgraded to Delphi 10.2 a couple of months ago, I now have to continue work on an Android project which is a few years old. I have recently worked on that project using Delphi 10.1 about 6 months ago.

This time around I have no way to select the Android platform. Can anyone help?

I cannot select the Android platform for my old project.
When I try a new multiplatform application (blank), I get the same: no way to add the Android platform.

I only get Windows 32 and Windows 64.
My setup:
Windows 10 pro 64bit
Embarcadero® Delphi 10.2 Version 25.0.26309.314
+mobile developer license

In the platform manager I have installed
+Delphi Android Professional
+Android SDK 24.3.3 - NDK r9c
+Java development kit 1.8
Morten Lassen

Re: Android not available  
  Posted: May 22, 2017 10:53 AM   in response to: Morten Lassen in response to: Morten Lassen
Help.

Where do I go for help on this issue?
I cannot use Delphi 10.2 for Android development :(

/Morten

Morten Lassen wrote:
Hello there.

After having upgraded to Delphi 10.2 a couple of months ago, I now have to continue work on an Android project which is a few years old. I have recently worked on that project using Delphi 10.1 about 6 months ago.

When I try a new multiplatform application (blank), I get the same: no way to add the Android platform.

My setup:
Windows 10 pro 64bit

Dave Nottage

Posted: May 22, 2017 4:31 PM   in response to: Morten Lassen in response to: Morten Lassen

My setup:
Windows 10 pro 64bit

I'm not entirely familiar with the process, however I believe you may need to use the License Manager application (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\xx.x\bin) to add your mobile developer license.

After that, in Windows go to Control Panel, Programs & Features, right-click RAD Studio, and click Change, You should be able to then add the mobile platforms you're licensed for.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find hints tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com
Morten Lassen

Posted: May 22, 2017 11:16 PM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Thanks for your answer, Dave.

Unfortunately I already have the mobile add-on pack installed in my license-manager.
I can also select and deselect it under "manage platforms".

The thing is, that in the Project Manager, I can only select "windows 32" or "windows 64" as a target platform.
Android is not offered.
Not even in a new blank multi-platform project.

Heeeelp.

Dave Nottage wrote:

My setup:
Windows 10 pro 64bit

I'm not entirely familiar with the process, however I believe you may need to use the License Manager application (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\xx.x\bin) to add your mobile developer license.

After that, in Windows go to Control Panel, Programs & Features, right-click RAD Studio, and click Change, You should be able to then add the mobile platforms you're licensed for.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find hints tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com
Varsham Sharma

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 2:17 PM   in response to: Morten Lassen in response to: Morten Lassen
Morten Lassen wrote:
Hello there.

My setup:
Windows 10 pro 64bit

Hi Morten,

Have you been able to work it out? Because I am not getting the Android platform option but only Win 32 and 64. Looking forward for your response...

Varsham
https://getappvalley.com/ https://tutuappx.com/ https://tweakbox.mobi/
Richard Foersom

Posted: Mar 18, 2018 2:36 PM   in response to: Varsham Sharma in response to: Varsham Sharma
Varsham Sharma wrote:
Have you been able to work it out? Because I am not getting the Android platform option but only Win 32 and 64. Looking forward for your response...

Have you tried updating to the new Delphi 10.2.3 version? The Delphi pro edition and up now includes the mobile pack. After some install problems I got it working here for Android development.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02