Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Driver ID not in FDExplorer

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Feb 2, 2018 12:44 PM Last Post By: Greg Reese Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Greg Reese

Driver ID not in FDExplorer  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 31, 2018 11:26 AM
I'm trying out one of the CDATA connectors (in the GetIT package manager) in Builder 10.2.2 . After installing the component, I drop FDPhysCDataCSVDriverLink and FDConnection components on my VCL form. I call up the connection editor from the FDConnection component, select CDataCSV from the Driver ID drop down, set some other parameters and hit Test, which reports success. I'd like to save things as a connection definition, so I call up FDExplorer. However, when I go to select CDataCSV from the Driver ID drop down, it's not there. How can I get it to show up? I tried restarting Builder several times but to no avail.

Thanks.

Greg Reese
Greg Reese

Re: Driver ID not in FDExplorer  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 2, 2018 12:44 PM   in response to: Greg Reese in response to: Greg Reese
I contacted the vendor (CDATA) and got the answer:

"The FireDAC Explorer is not currently available for use with our drivers. The reason for this is that FireDAC uses a static list, they do not build the list dynamically based on installed packages. So we are not able to add the driver to that list. We have an open ticket with them to update their logic to build the list dynamically so it will show up there but it is not currently implemented.

As a workaround, you can use the Data Explorer tab to create new connection. Connections created here will be saved as a connection definition which you can then reference in your application."
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02