Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: FMX.TVertScrollBox [Q1], bouncing

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jan 25, 2018 9:12 AM Last Post By: Robert [NL] Mit... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Robert [NL] Mit...

FMX.TVertScrollBox [Q1], bouncing  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 25, 2018 1:15 AM
[Using Delphi Professional 10.2.2 with Firemonkey]

Currently if you reach te start or end of an FMX.TVertScrollBox content, on iOS the content will bounce and on Android nothing happens.
I find the iOS bouncing annoying. I more prefer the native Android animation, see the light gray area in the screen snap link below.

Is it possible to turn this native Android animation on for an FMX.TScrollBox control?

[AndroidNativeBouncing.png example|http://www.rjmittendorff.nl/AndroidNativeBouncing.png]
loki loki

Re: FMX.TVertScrollBox [Q1], bouncing  
  Posted: Jan 25, 2018 5:05 AM   in response to: Robert [NL] Mit... in response to: Robert [NL] Mit...
On 1/25/2018 12:15 PM, Robert [NL] Mittendorff wrote:
[Using Delphi Professional 10.2.2 with Firemonkey]

Currently if you reach te start or end of an FMX.TVertScrollBox content, on iOS the content will bounce and on Android nothing happens.
I find the iOS bouncing annoying. I more prefer the native Android animation, see the light gray area in the screen snap link below.

Is it possible to turn this native Android animation on for an FMX.TScrollBox control?

[AndroidNativeBouncing.png example|http://www.rjmittendorff.nl/AndroidNativeBouncing.png]

yes look in the Anicalculations property of the TVertScrollBox, their is
something like boundanimation that you can disable.
Robert [NL] Mit...

Re: FMX.TVertScrollBox [Q1], bouncing  
  Posted: Jan 25, 2018 9:12 AM   in response to: loki loki in response to: loki loki
yes look in the Anicalculations property of the TVertScrollBox, their is
something like boundanimation that you can disable.

For Android VertScrollBox1.AniCalculations.BoundsAnimation is False by default. Nothing happens when you try to scroll beyond the begin of end of the viewport.
If you turn it to True, Android will bounce like iOS. That is not what I want. I want the native behaviour of Android, as shown in my screen example in my original post.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02