Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Intraweb lock up issue

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Jan 24, 2018 12:07 AM Last Post By: Alexandre Machado Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Joel Zimmer

Intraweb lock up issue
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 17, 2018 10:22 AM
I have an application that occasionally locks up and becomes unresponsive.

Does anyone know how I can find the issue? It does not throw an error. It acts like there may be a blocking session some where.

I am using Seattle and iw14.2.6 (I has been happening with previous version of iw so I think it is in the code some where.)
Eitan Arbel

Re: Intraweb lock up issue
  Posted: Jan 23, 2018 11:03 AM   in response to: Joel Zimmer in response to: Joel Zimmer
if it always happens in the same page\form, then look for the problem in that specific form.
if it happens in different forms and looks random, then maybe look in your SerververController and\or UserSessionUnit, and also maybe in external sources if there are any.

check, when you just run the app and don't touch it - if it happens after (more or less) the same time.
check if it happens after some series of actions you make (refresh a region, click something, read, write, db actions etc')
check for memory leaks.

you say it happened also with previous version of iw.
iw 14.2.5? 14.2.4?
try to remember when did it not happen and see what has changed if you have older versions of your app.
Joel Zimmer

Posted: Jan 23, 2018 6:48 PM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel wrote:
if it always happens in the same page\form, then look for the problem in that specific form.
if it happens in different forms and looks random, then maybe look in your SerververController and\or UserSessionUnit, and also maybe in external sources if there are any.

check, when you just run the app and don't touch it - if it happens after (more or less) the same time.
check if it happens after some series of actions you make (refresh a region, click something, read, write, db actions etc')
check for memory leaks.

you say it happened also with previous version of iw.
iw 14.2.5? 14.2.4?
try to remember when did it not happen and see what has changed if you have older versions of your app.

Thanks. That is good advise. I think this is all tied into the AV's that I have been receiving that I have posted in another thread.
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Jan 24, 2018 12:07 AM   in response to: Joel Zimmer in response to: Joel Zimmer
Joel Zimmer wrote:
I have an application that occasionally locks up and becomes unresponsive.

Does anyone know how I can find the issue? It does not throw an error. It acts like there may be a blocking session some where.

I am using Seattle and iw14.2.6 (I has been happening with previous version of iw so I think it is in the code some where.)

If you have access to an unresponsive application it would be helpful to obtain a mini dump from it so it can be analyzed and, maybe, some clues can lead to the cause. It is important to build the application a complete .map file (otherwise the mini dump is mostly useless).

A very well known recurrent reason for this are reports.... Several report generators out there still rely on global state, global variables and have little or none protection for multi-threading...
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02