Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Intraweb lock up issue

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Jan 30, 2018 12:56 PM Last Post By: Alexandre Machado Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Joel Zimmer

Intraweb lock up issue
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 17, 2018 10:22 AM
I have an application that occasionally locks up and becomes unresponsive.

Does anyone know how I can find the issue? It does not throw an error. It acts like there may be a blocking session some where.

I am using Seattle and iw14.2.6 (I has been happening with previous version of iw so I think it is in the code some where.)
Daniel Fields

Re: Intraweb lock up issue
  Posted: Jan 17, 2018 10:52 AM   in response to: Joel Zimmer in response to: Joel Zimmer
How is it deployed? I recently had this issue with a new version of an application that I was testing. I deployed it stand-alone for the sake of simplicity. It ran as expected 99% of the time, but after periods of inactivity it would lose it's connection to the database server. I could not find any reason for the lost connection.

I switched to service deployment and all of that went away. I believe a recent update from Microsoft has changed the way applications are handled when they are exposed to the desktop processing thread. I think the change suspends inactive processes in a way that breaks connections. It's almost as if it put the application to sleep.
Joel Zimmer

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 10:59 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
It is deployed under IIS, but I have created a standalone deployment so that I have taken IIS out of the picture.

It still with lock up using the Standalone setup.
Joel Zimmer

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 11:01 AM   in response to: Joel Zimmer in response to: Joel Zimmer
I can get it to lockup but it is not repeatable when clicking the exact same links so this is hard to find.
Joel Zimmer

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 10:57 AM   in response to: Joel Zimmer in response to: Joel Zimmer
On the servercontroller->securityoptions->preventDoubleSubmission

Is this property the same as LockOnSubmit := true;
Eitan Arbel

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 6:01 PM   in response to: Joel Zimmer in response to: Joel Zimmer
the PreventDoubleSubmission is for cases when you don't want the same data to be submitted twice.
for example : when you clicked something in the page\form (like saving info), and then pressed F5 to refresh - you don't want that data to be saved twice.
(also, to prevent saving twice after you click the Back button)

Edited by: Eitan Arbel on Jan 22, 2018 1:01 AM
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Jan 30, 2018 12:56 PM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel wrote:
the PreventDoubleSubmission is for cases when you don't want the same data to be submitted twice.
for example : when you clicked something in the page\form (like saving info), and then pressed F5 to refresh - you don't want that data to be saved twice.
(also, to prevent saving twice after you click the Back button)

Edited by: Eitan Arbel on Jan 22, 2018 1:01 AM

Exactly :-)

It is very useful when you have users pressing F5 all the time :-)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02