Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: missing PackageApplication in 10.2.2. Application Store configuration.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Jan 15, 2018 2:12 PM Last Post By: Vince Bartlett ...
Francisco Peris

missing PackageApplication in 10.2.2. Application Store configuration.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 29, 2017 11:35 AM
Hi:

I was searching for this problem, and it seems it was solved before by Embarcadero.

However, I am suffering it just now.

Xcode 9.2
10.2.2 version

No problems in "Development" configuration.

When I am in "Application Store" configuration, everything works fine, but at the end,...an error:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 xcrun: error: unable to find utility "PackageApplication", not a developer tool or in PATH

So, has this previous error been solved, or not? Any solution?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Nottage

Re: missing PackageApplication in 10.2.2. Application Store configuration. [Edit]  
  Posted: Dec 29, 2017 2:04 PM   in response to: Francisco Peris in response to: Francisco Peris
Francisco Peris wrote:

Xcode 9.2
10.2.2 version

Are you absolutely sure it's 10.2.2? Check the build number in Help|About. It should be: 25.0.29039.2004

No problems in "Development" configuration.

When I am in "Application Store" configuration, everything works fine, but at the end,...an error:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0776 xcrun: error: unable to find utility "PackageApplication", not a developer tool or in
PATH

Also, check the version of PAServer (on the Mac). It should be: 10.2.1.10 (the version number shows when it starts)

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Find hints, tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com
Francisco Peris

Re: missing PackageApplication in 10.2.2. Application Store configuration. [Edit]  
  Posted: Dec 30, 2017 4:10 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Thanks Dave for your answer.

* Delphi version is OK.

* PAserver Mac side version is OK.

I could add the missing PackageApplication following these instructions:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43068608/xcrun-error-unable-to-find-utility-packageapplication-not-a-developer-tool

However, I think I have done a correct Delphi and Xcode installation, and maybe more people will face the same problem. It is quite strange.

Now I have just uploaded an ipa file to the Apple store. So everything seems correct. Nevertheless, I am a bit worried of future hidden problems.

Dave Nottage

Re: missing PackageApplication in 10.2.2. Application Store configuration. [Edit] [Edit]  
  Posted: Dec 30, 2017 1:31 PM   in response to: Francisco Peris in response to: Francisco Peris
Francisco Peris wrote:

However, I think I have done a correct Delphi and Xcode installation, and maybe more people will face the same
problem. It is quite strange.

I don't have the problem at all, using 10.2.2 and Xcode 9.2, which is why I asked the questions that I did. The problem
existed in earlier versions of Delphi, but does not now.

--
Vince Bartlett ...

Re: missing PackageApplication in 10.2.2. Application Store configuration. [Edit] [Edit]  
  Posted: Jan 15, 2018 2:12 PM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
Francisco Peris wrote:

However, I think I have done a correct Delphi and Xcode installation, and maybe more people will face the same
problem. It is quite strange.

I don't have the problem at all, using 10.2.2 and Xcode 9.2, which is why I asked the questions that I did. The problem
existed in earlier versions of Delphi, but does not now.

--

Hi

I have encountered the same issue.

1) I uninstalled 10.2.1 from my pc
2) i installed from the Web installer
3) I uninstalled all xcode versions from my mac
4) I upgraded the mac to high Sierra
5) I installed xcode 9.2
6) I installed paserver from the rad studio paserver directory.

Perhaps I should have deleted the 10.2.1 program files directory?

I'll check the version numbers tomorrow.

Vince
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02