Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Using .NET library with a Delphi XE7 application.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jan 11, 2018 4:57 PM Last Post By: Bismark Appah Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
John Dammeyer

Using .NET library with a Delphi XE7 application.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 16, 2015 9:25 AM
Below is the description from the supplier of a secure boot loader application for dsPIC processors. I currently use their stand alone GIU interface. I'd like to build their functionality into my own code downloader+terminal emulator application which is written in XE7. Even if I bought their .NET API as described below I haven't the slightest idea on how to begin interfacing to it. So I need an app note or example on how to do this.

Also is there a better forum out there for Delphi XEn questions. One that allows posting of code fragments or even attaching files or photos of screen shots? This text only forum that takes up to 30 seconds to load a new screen is painful to use. Perhaps a Yahoo group?

".NET API
The ds30 Loader .NET API is a powerful yet easy to use a API to add boot loader functionality to a .NET application. It supports UART and CAN operation, secure and standard boot loaders.
The .NET API is delivered with one C# sample application, one VB.NET sample application, a usage description and a complete reference documentation."
Bismark Appah

Re: Using .NET library with a Delphi XE7 application.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 11, 2018 4:57 PM   in response to: John Dammeyer in response to: John Dammeyer
John Dammeyer wrote:
Below is the description from the supplier of a secure boot loader application for dsPIC processors. I currently use their stand alone GIU interface. I'd like to build their functionality into my own code downloader+terminal emulator application which is written in XE7. Even if I bought their .NET API as described below I haven't the slightest idea on how to begin interfacing to it. So I need an app note or example on how to do this.

Also is there a better forum out there for Delphi XEn questions. One that allows posting of code fragments or even attaching files or photos of screen shots? This text only forum that takes up to 30 seconds to load a new screen is painful to use. Perhaps a Yahoo group?

".NET API
The ds30 Loader .NET API is a powerful yet easy to use a API to add boot loader functionality to a .NET application. It supports UART and CAN operation, secure and standard boot loaders.
The .NET API is delivered with one C# sample application, one VB.NET sample application, a usage description and a complete reference documentation."

You can use the .Net DLL/WSDL Importer for Delphi to import the ds30 Loader .NET API into Delphi. The tool will generate Delphi pas files from the imported .Net library. You can easily use these generated classes from the generated pas files in any of your Delphi projects to access the ds30 Loader .NET API.

For more information, go to https://crystalnet-tech.com/RuntimeLibrary/RuntimeLibUtilities.aspx

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02