Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Program that ran with Berlin blows up under Tokyo

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jan 11, 2018 8:15 PM Last Post By: Keith Marbach
Keith Marbach

Program that ran with Berlin blows up under Tokyo
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 11, 2018 3:55 PM
Trying to move to Tokyo (latest release). It compiles and launches, but a few weird things. The two biggest problems (I've only been looking at it for an hour so might be many more) is that:

1 - when I click on a combo box the whole app disappears, <EDIT> although I just discovered if I change DropDownKind to Custom (rather than Native) the app runs fine.

and

2 - labels are sometimes left-justified, centered, right-justified, ignoring my settings.

Here is a typical label:

object Label2: TLabel
StyledSettings = []
Position.X = 2.000000000000000000
Position.Y = 4.000000000000000000
Size.Width = 277.000000000000000000
Size.Height = 22.000000000000000000
Size.PlatformDefault = False
TextSettings.HorzAlign = Center
TextSettings.WordWrap = False
TextSettings.Trimming = None
Text = 'Retention Settings'
end

But it shows up left justified sometimes, sometimes center, sometimes right...

I avoid the styles because I don't understand them and haven't found a good reference. My app has run reasonably well on android (compiled from Berlin) but I need to get it working on ios now, so thought I'd make the leap to Tokyo.

Please, any sage advice as to the likelihood of getting things woking well under Tokyo, or going back to Berlin, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Keith

Edited by: Keith Marbach on Jan 11, 2018 7:07 PM
Jeremy North

Re: Program that ran with Berlin blows up under Tokyo
  Posted: Jan 11, 2018 7:50 PM   in response to: Keith Marbach in response to: Keith Marbach
Keith Marbach wrote:
Trying to move to Tokyo (latest release). It compiles and launches, but a few weird things. The two biggest problems (I've only been looking at it for an hour so might be many more) is that:

1 - when I click on a combo box the whole app disappears, <EDIT> although I just discovered if I change DropDownKind to Custom (rather than Native) the app runs fine.

Can you isolate this in a sample project?

2 - labels are sometimes left-justified, centered, right-justified, ignoring my settings.

Here is a typical label:

StyledSettings = []
end

You should have a modified StyledSettings property value in the FMX as well if you have changed TextSettings attributes

I avoid the styles because I don't understand them and haven't found a good reference. My app has run reasonably well on android (compiled from Berlin) but I need to get it working on ios now, so thought I'd make the leap to Tokyo.

I suggest just asking about styles. People probably don't have time to create a definitive reference but answering individual queries might be possible.

Please, any sage advice as to the likelihood of getting things woking well under Tokyo, or going back to Berlin, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

It should really work, especially for iOS from Berlin. Done it for a number of apps.

Are you running the latest Tokyo update?
Keith Marbach

Re: Program that ran with Berlin blows up under Tokyo
  Posted: Jan 11, 2018 8:15 PM   in response to: Jeremy North in response to: Jeremy North
Jeremy North wrote:
Keith Marbach wrote:

Can you isolate this in a sample project?

Here is a typical label:

StyledSettings = []
end

You should have a modified StyledSettings property value in the FMX as well if you have changed TextSettings attributes

I suggest just asking about styles. People probably don't have time to create a definitive reference but answering individual queries might be possible.

It should really work, especially for iOS from Berlin. Done it for a number of apps.

Are you running the latest Tokyo update?

Yes, I just installed Tokyo 10.2.2 today from the web installer. Help About shows Delphi 10.2 Update 2. I see you mention it should work, from Berlin... that is one of my main questions. Should I go back to Berlin? If you say yes to that question, then I will remove Tokyo, re-install Berlin and see if I can progress with the ios version. If that's the case, what release of Delphi should I use?

Regarding styles, my main question is, can I simply not use them? My apps are business in nature, simple data capture. I don't care too much how pretty they are and neither do my clients. Can I just not use styles at all and be okay on both android and ios? I don't target Mac or Windows with FMX.

Another problem - I have a TGridLayout that has photos (TImages). In Berlin I could scroll up and down. Now the scrolling no longer works. If I have enough photos (or large enough) so that some of the photos fall below the screen, I put my finger on screen and scroll (in Berlin), but with Tokyo now I cannot scroll.

Regarding the text alignment problems, what I see is, I have a TFlowLayout inside a TVertScrollBox. When I scroll up and down, and tlabels go in and out of view, they change HorzAlign. Crazy. In older versions of FMX I saw something like this when I had radio buttons in a scrollable window. As the radio buttons scrolled in and out of view they would become checked or not, for no reason.

If I put together a simple test app that demonstrates these problems, can I upload it here or what is my best avenue to see if I can work around these problems or if Emb will fix in a timely manner?

Thanks very much for your feedback.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02