Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Update table in a join with TFDQuery

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0
al nickels

Update table in a join with TFDQuery  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 11, 2018 11:06 AM
I have a TFDQuery that contains a SQL statement with a join to several database tables. I have set the update table property to the name of the table that I wish to update. Other fields in the SQL are selected to display information and the id data is to be stored in my table identified with the update table property. This is a datasnap application. When I applyupdates I get an error message indicating that a field from one of the joined tables is attempting to update the table that I assigned as the updatetable. The field / column does not exist in my update table. I was hoping that specifying the update table would stop other fields from attepmting to update anywhere. Is there a way to resolve this or do I need to use a TFDUpDateSQL component.
I added FDUpdateSQL component, but I continued to get the error message until I changed the provider flags exclude from the update and the where clause. The update was probably sufficient to stop the error. My question isn't the FDUpdateSQL component supposed to be useful in eliminating certain fields from being updated also?

Edited by: al nickels on Jan 11, 2018 6:12 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02