Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Permlink Replies: 9 - Last Post: Dec 28, 2017 7:00 AM Last Post By: Scott Gast Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Shane Stump

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 20, 2017 9:53 AM
Howdy All!

I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I would also like to take this time to thank the Intraweb team for putting out a GREAT product.

I look forward to seeing everyone next year!

All the best from Tejas!

Shane
Chad Hower

Re: Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
  Posted: Dec 20, 2017 10:06 AM   in response to: Shane Stump in response to: Shane Stump
On 12/20/2017 1:53 PM, Shane Stump wrote:
Howdy All!

I just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

I would also like to take this time to thank the Intraweb team for putting out a GREAT product.

I look forward to seeing everyone next year!

Thanks! Taking a break from coding and work for a week, but back to 17
first thing new year!
Shane Stump

Posted: Dec 20, 2017 10:10 AM   in response to: Chad Hower in response to: Chad Hower
Howdy Chad!

I am actually working longer hours during the Christmas break since this is the one time of year everyone leaves me alone!

But while all my associates are at the annual show coming up in late January, I will be taking it easy in the Grand Canyon!

All the best & Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Shane
Chad Hower

Posted: Dec 20, 2017 10:58 AM   in response to: Shane Stump in response to: Shane Stump
On 12/20/2017 2:10 PM, Shane Stump wrote:
I am actually working longer hours during the Christmas break since
this is the one time of year everyone leaves me alone!

Normally I work too, but I have family visiting that I haven't seen
since 2005.... :)
Dan Barclay

Posted: Dec 20, 2017 2:43 PM   in response to: Chad Hower in response to: Chad Hower
Chad Hower wrote:
On 12/20/2017 2:10 PM, Shane Stump wrote:
I am actually working longer hours during the Christmas break since
this is the one time of year everyone leaves me alone!

Normally I work too, but I have family visiting that I haven't seen
since 2005.... :)

Outstanding. Nothing, so far, beats family. Some more of mine arrived last night.

Dan
Scott Gast

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 6:41 AM   in response to: Shane Stump in response to: Shane Stump
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year rightbackatcha! And many thanks to the Intraweb folks, 'tis an excellent product.

I'll be hanging out @ home in Deep East Texas for the holidays; but I'm like you Shane... going to try and get some work done between the holidays because everyone leaves me alone too!

Thanks to everyone who has provided help over the years!

Happy Holidays!
Dan Barclay

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 3:41 PM   in response to: Scott Gast in response to: Scott Gast
Scott Gast wrote:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year rightbackatcha! And many thanks to the Intraweb folks, 'tis an excellent product.

I'll be hanging out @ home in Deep East Texas for the holidays; but I'm like you Shane... going to try and get some work done between the holidays because everyone leaves me alone too!

Thanks to everyone who has provided help over the years!

How deep in East Texas? I just moved from Southeast Tx (Orange) area.

Dan
Scott Gast

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 6:51 AM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
Orange?! You can't go any further east than that! :D

I'm in Nacogdoches :) My wife and I are thinking of retiring down in that area... a triangle starting in Orange, down to Galveston and up to Livingston, but on a large body of water away from traffic :)

How was the flooding when the hurricane came through ?
Dan Barclay

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 11:23 AM   in response to: Scott Gast in response to: Scott Gast
Scott Gast wrote:
Orange?! You can't go any further east than that! :D

I'm in Nacogdoches :) My wife and I are thinking of retiring down in that area... a triangle starting in Orange, down to Galveston and up to Livingston, but on a large body of water away from traffic :)

How was the flooding when the hurricane came through ?
Yes, Orange is about as East as you can get! City limit is on the TX/LA border and we have LA swamps to the East and even South.

Flooding was very bad. I'm now in Corpus Christi, just moved in the nick of time. Our "stuff" was moved to storage about 3 days before Harvey hit here and received no damage. A week later Harvey wandered up the coast. The house we moved out of in Orange flooded, as did most homes around there. Our house there was well elevated for the area, shouldn't have flooded in 500 years. Rain sat on the immediate area for nearly a day, heavy enough that they ran out of colors on the radar. It was an incredible amount of water, I've never seen anything like it. The interstate highway was flooded for a week or two. Unbelievable.

In the last 10 years the area was hit by Rita (a stronger hurricane than Katrina), hurricane Ike flooded large numbers of houses in the county with salt water, then Harvey did it again with fresh water. My wife and I are personally "experienced" in handling personal disaster having had a house burn 15 years ago. It give you new perspective... all that stuff you can't live without, as it turns out you can.

Technically I lived in Pinehurst, a tiny town surrounded by Orange. I was on council there so pretty familiar with the town. We liked it there but were influenced to move here (three of our grandkids are here!). Loving it here in Corpus, but natural disasters can happen anywhere. Harvey shredded Rockport (about 30 minutes from here) and most of the Gulf Coast between here and Orange.

Dan
Scott Gast

Posted: Dec 28, 2017 7:00 AM   in response to: Dan Barclay in response to: Dan Barclay
I'm glad you got out of Orange in time! Corpus is great too; I've got quite a few friends in Corpus. We would love to be on the coast, but as you said, the coast gets pounded from time to time. We may end up north of Houston ... maybe Lake Livingston or Conroe. Close to the beach, but far enough away to have a hurricane leading edge buffer.

My brother has a house in Rockport; ripped the roof off and dumped quite a few inches of rain into the house. The contractor just finished replacing the roof. Now they can start the gut-job renovation.

Our grandkids are in Colorado and Arizona... Maybe we'll end up retiring in Colorado :)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02