Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Build Errors when building from the IDE - 10.1 Berlin

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Dec 20, 2017 1:27 PM Last Post By: Nigel Thomas
Peter Spears

Build Errors when building from the IDE - 10.1 Berlin  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 20, 2017 9:13 AM
I've run into an issue with building any of our applications from the IDE. I keep getting F2093 unable to write output file xxx.dcu - every time I build, it errors out on a different file, and then opens the file in the IDE and has it marked as modified.

If I clean the build folder, either manually or using the Clean option in the IDE, I then get random F2613 "Unit xxxx not found" errors, failing on a different file each time I build. After a couple of builds, I start getting the F2093 errors again, because it's started building up a cache of DCU files again.

However, if I copy the dcc32 command line from the Messages box and run the command line from a command prompt, the build runs without any problems.

I have tried the following: Disabled search indexer on the development folders; Terminated the search indexer service (out of desperation); Flashed the firmware on the BIOS; Flashed the firmware on my SSD; Checked for Windows updates (Windows is fully up to date);

I do have the Berlin Update 2 installed: Embarcadero® Delphi 10.1 Berlin Version 24.0.25048.9432

Any idea what might be causing this and/or how to fix it?
Nigel Thomas

Re: Build Errors when building from the IDE - 10.1 Berlin  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 20, 2017 1:27 PM   in response to: Peter Spears in response to: Peter Spears
Peter Spears wrote:

random F2613 "Unit xxxx not found"
errors,

Any idea what might be causing this and/or how to fix it?

Do you by any chance have an online backup program running, that could
be locking the file whilst uploading it?

--
Nigel
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02