Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: FR5 components does not appear in Tool palette after Install

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Dec 18, 2017 10:02 AM Last Post By: Paul Gursky
Jose Silva

FR5 components does not appear in Tool palette after Install  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 16, 2017 2:21 PM
Hi guys ,

I installed FastReports5 for Delphi Tokyo 10.2.1 using the installation file downloaded from https://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/30728 ,FR5VCL_D25.exe in a Windows 7 machine.

The instalation was made using Admin user and it was sucessfull. After installed I opend Delphi using Admin account and it seems everything was ok, all FastReports components were appearing in the Tool Palette.

However, when I log in as a Developer user in Windows 7 and opened Delphi , FastReports components DOES NOT APPEARED !!

I changed the access rights of user Developer for the Windows folders below , to full acess , similar to Admin user :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero
C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports

but the problem still remains , FastReport components does not appeared !!

Did I miss some step or configuration during the install process ?

Is there any special configuration to install FastReports in order to be used by any OS user different of Admin. I didn't use Admin user for build applications !!

I appreciate your support .

Thank you.

Ricardo.

Paul Gursky

Re: FR5 components does not appear in Tool palette after Install  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 18, 2017 10:02 AM   in response to: Jose Silva in response to: Jose Silva
Jose Silva wrote:
Hi guys ,
I installed FastReports5 for Delphi Tokyo 10.2.1 using the installation file downloaded from https://cc.embarcadero.com/Item/30728 ,FR5VCL_D25.exe in a Windows 7 machine.
The instalation was made using Admin user and it was sucessfull. After installed I opend Delphi using Admin account and it seems everything was ok, all FastReports components were appearing in the Tool Palette.
However, when I log in as a Developer user in Windows 7 and opened Delphi , FastReports components DOES NOT APPEARED !!
I changed the access rights of user Developer for the Windows folders below , to full acess , similar to Admin user :
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero
C:\Program Files (x86)\FastReports
but the problem still remains , FastReport components does not appeared !!
Did I miss some step or configuration during the install process ?
Is there any special configuration to install FastReports in order to be used by any OS user different of Admin. I didn't use Admin user for build applications !!
Try to check FR's categories in te IDE's Tool Palette (press Show palette categories button)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02