Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Internet Front End for an application??

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Dec 15, 2017 1:51 PM Last Post By: Ian Branch Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Ian Branch

Internet Front End for an application??
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 12, 2017 2:08 PM
Hi Team,
Not sure if this is the correct NG for this question so please feel free to refer me elsewhere.

Using D10.2.1 32Bit, Advantage Database Server Apps.

I have never looked at nor considered it in the past but now a Customer has asked if I can put an Internet front end
on a cut down version of their application that an external user can access/use via their own browser, to enter data
directly into the Customer's DB. The Customer doesn't want the headache of maintaining an app that would have to be
sent/updated to each of their Customers if/when a change is implemented.

Basic requirements are Log in, data entry (includes look up tables), file uploading (e.g. JPG or PDF Purchase order),
etc, all the usual data entry stuff.

I figure this has been addressed before by one or more of you gurus so I go to the source and ask the question...

Bearing in mind my lack of experience in this area, what is/are your recommendations for something along these lines?

Regards & TIA,
Ian
Chad Hower

Re: Internet Front End for an application??
  Posted: Dec 15, 2017 9:35 AM   in response to: Ian Branch in response to: Ian Branch
On 12/12/2017 6:08 PM, Ian Branch wrote:
Hi Team,
I have never looked at nor considered it in the past but now a Customer has asked if I can put an Internet front end

Already in your Delphi ready for use:

http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/
Dan Barclay

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 12:33 PM   in response to: Ian Branch in response to: Ian Branch
Ian Branch wrote:
Hi Team,
Not sure if this is the correct NG for this question so please feel free to refer me elsewhere.

As Chad mentioned, it sounds like you are looking for Intraweb (which is included with Delphi).

There is also a newsgroup here for your questions. See the forum [Delphi.Third Party Tools.Intraweb]

https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=93&start=0

Dan
Ian Branch

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 1:51 PM   in response to: Ian Branch in response to: Ian Branch
HI Chad/Dan,
IntraWeb seems to be the go. I shall have a look.
Thanks for the pointer.
Regards,
Ian
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02