Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: About Embarcadero technologies



Permlink Replies: 15 - Last Post: Dec 9, 2017 11:48 PM Last Post By: Adem Meda Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Amine Moulay Ra...

Posts: 599
Registered: 2/12/10
About Embarcadero technologies
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 6, 2017 1:06 PM
Hello,

About Embarcadero technologies now..

We have to get into management processes to enhance Embarcadero technologies, and here i want
to bring my ideas: i have bought Borland Turbo Pascal professional in year 1991, and i have worked
with it and i have loved it, and i have bought Delphi in year 1999, and i have worked with it and
i have loved it, and i have followed the work of Borland and Embarcadero technologies on Delphi
and C++Builder, i think Delphi and C++Builder are good products, but they have to be enhanced ,
and how can they be enhanced ? by incorporating in them scalable algorithms inplementations that scale, and that scale on NUMA systems, so Embarcadero Technologies must think big for Delphi and C++Builder, this is why i want to integrate my scalable algorithms implementations and such
into Delphi and C++Builder products, Embarcadero technologies can easily put my scalable algorithms implementations and such into a directory called Utils (for utilities) inside the Delphi and C++Builder products to easy and to make fast the process of enhancing the products, and of course i will let Embarcadero technologies enhance the coding style of my scalable algorithms implementations and such and verify and test them more. This is how we will make better products.

I am an experienced programmer specialized in Parallel programming and synchronization algorithms,
it is why i have invented many scalable synchronization algorithms.and such, i am not an expert on coding, this is why i want to let Embarcadero technologies enhance the coding style of my projects etc.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:14 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:31 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:32 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:33 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 2:26 PM

Jeff Overcash (...

Posts: 1,529
Registered: 9/23/99
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 6, 2017 1:34 PM   in response to: Amine Moulay Ra... in response to: Amine Moulay Ra...
On 12/6/2017 4:33 PM, Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote:
Hello,

About Embarcadero technologies now..

We have to get into management processes to enhance Embarcadero technologies, and here i want
to bring my ideas: i have bought Borland Turbo Pascal professional in year 1991, and i have worked
with it and i have loved it, and i have bought Delphi in year 1999, and i have worked with it and
i have loved it, and i have followed the work of Borland and Embarcadero technologies on Delphi
and C++Builder, i think Delphi and C++Builder are good products, but they have to be enhanced ,
and how can they be enhanced ? by incorporating in them scalable algorithms inplementations that scales, and that scales on NUMA systems, so Embarcadero Technologies must think big for Delphi and C++Builder, this is why i want to integrate my scalable algorithms implementations and such
into Delphi and C++Builder products, Embarcadero technologies can easily put my scalable algorithms implementations and such into a directory called Utils (for utilities) inside the Delphi and C++Builder products to easy and to make fast the process of enhancing the products, and of course i will let Embarcadero technologies enhance the coding style of my scalable algorithms implementations and such and verify and test them more. This is how we will make better products.

I am an experienced programmer specialized in Parallel programming and synchronization algorithms,
it is why i have invented many scalable synchronization algorithms.and such, i am not an expert on coding, this is why i want to let Embarcadero technologies enhance the coding style of my projects etc.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:14 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:31 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:32 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:33 PM


These are peer support groups. Embarcadero does not read them.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Amine Moulay Ra...

Posts: 599
Registered: 2/12/10
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 6, 2017 1:40 PM   in response to: Jeff Overcash (... in response to: Jeff Overcash (...
Hello,

I will contact also Embarcadero technologies to explain all that i want to explain.


Thank you,
Amine Mouly Ramdane.

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
On 12/6/2017 4:33 PM, Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote:
Hello,

About Embarcadero technologies now..

We have to get into management processes to enhance Embarcadero technologies, and here i want
to bring my ideas: i have bought Borland Turbo Pascal professional in year 1991, and i have worked
with it and i have loved it, and i have bought Delphi in year 1999, and i have worked with it and
i have loved it, and i have followed the work of Borland and Embarcadero technologies on Delphi
and C++Builder, i think Delphi and C++Builder are good products, but they have to be enhanced ,
and how can they be enhanced ? by incorporating in them scalable algorithms inplementations that scales, and that scales on NUMA systems, so Embarcadero Technologies must think big for Delphi and C++Builder, this is why i want to integrate my scalable algorithms implementations and such
into Delphi and C++Builder products, Embarcadero technologies can easily put my scalable algorithms implementations and such into a directory called Utils (for utilities) inside the Delphi and C++Builder products to easy and to make fast the process of enhancing the products, and of course i will let Embarcadero technologies enhance the coding style of my scalable algorithms implementations and such and verify and test them more. This is how we will make better products.

I am an experienced programmer specialized in Parallel programming and synchronization algorithms,
it is why i have invented many scalable synchronization algorithms.and such, i am not an expert on coding, this is why i want to let Embarcadero technologies enhance the coding style of my projects etc.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:14 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:31 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:32 PM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 6, 2017 1:33 PM


These are peer support groups. Embarcadero does not read them.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Rudy Velthuis (...


Posts: 7,731
Registered: 9/22/99
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 7, 2017 12:50 AM   in response to: Jeff Overcash (... in response to: Jeff Overcash (...
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:

These are peer support groups. Embarcadero does not read them.

Amine has taken over a whole Usenet group, which now only contains
posts about his stuff. Probably no one is reading it anymore, so
perhaps he wants to take over this group instead. <g>

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

Cann's (or Allen's) Axiom: When all else fails, read the
instructions.
Zoran M

Posts: 11
Registered: 11/2/08
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 7, 2017 8:43 AM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
What (and where) is Usenet group? I couldn't find it :(


Rudy Velthuis (TeamB, MVP) wrote:

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:

These are peer support groups. Embarcadero does not read them.

Amine has taken over a whole Usenet group, which now only contains
posts about his stuff. Probably no one is reading it anymore, so
perhaps he wants to take over this group instead. <g>
Remy Lebeau (Te...


Posts: 9,447
Registered: 12/23/01
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 7, 2017 11:14 AM   in response to: Zoran M in response to: Zoran M
Zoran M wrote:

What (and where) is Usenet group?

Usenet is the general name for the system that consists of newsgroups.
You used a newsgroup client (XanaNews) when you posted your question
above, thus you are using Usenet.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Zoran M

Posts: 11
Registered: 11/2/08
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 8, 2017 8:44 AM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Thank you Remy. I knew that, but I was thrown off by Rudy's post saying
Usenet group contains ONLY Amine's posts. I guess I took it literally.


Amine has taken over a whole Usenet group, which now only contains
posts about his stuff. Probably no one is reading it anymore, so
perhaps he wants to take over this group instead. <g>

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

Zoran M wrote:

What (and where) is Usenet group?

Usenet is the general name for the system that consists of newsgroups.
You used a newsgroup client (XanaNews) when you posted your question
above, thus you are using Usenet.
Rudy Velthuis (...


Posts: 7,731
Registered: 9/22/99
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 10:39 AM   in response to: Zoran M in response to: Zoran M
Zoran M wrote:

Thank you Remy. I knew that, but I was thrown off by Rudy's post
saying Usenet group contains ONLY Amine's posts.

I said he took over one Usenet group entirely, and that group hardly
ever contains anything but his many many posts.

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Those who hate and fight must stop themselves; otherwise it is
not stopped."
-- Spock, Day of the Dove
Rudy Velthuis (...


Posts: 7,731
Registered: 9/22/99
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 10:37 AM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:

Zoran M wrote:

What (and where) is Usenet group?

Usenet is the general name for the system that consists of newsgroups.
You used a newsgroup client (XanaNews) when you posted your question
above, thus you are using Usenet.

Hmmm... I disagree. Usenet is the system that constists of freely
available newsgroups, distributed by and on many many servers. These
groups are only available on this server, and are not part of Usenet.
They just use the same technology (NNTP) and can thus be read with a
Usenet news client.

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

"I do not believe that any type of religion should ever be
introduced into the public schools of the United States."
-- Thomas Edison
Adem Meda

Posts: 495
Registered: 12/28/98
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 8, 2017 7:55 PM   in response to: Rudy Velthuis (... in response to: Rudy Velthuis (...
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB, MVP) wrote:

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:

These are peer support groups. Embarcadero does not read them.

Amine has taken over a whole Usenet group, which now only contains
posts about his stuff. Probably no one is reading it anymore, so
perhaps he wants to take over this group instead. <g>

What's more, he keeps posting in write-only fashion.

He keeps mentioning improvements here and there, but IMO the biggest
improvement of it all would be to produce readable code --i.e. use a code
formatter. And, then, provide demo projects one can compile.

ATM, whatever code is there (good or bad) is someone's personel notes.

Not elegant at all.

Not usable or verifiable either.
Brian Hamilton ...

Posts: 556
Registered: 10/14/04
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 12:26 AM   in response to: Adem Meda in response to: Adem Meda
What's more, he keeps posting in write-only fashion.

He keeps mentioning improvements here and there, but IMO the biggest
improvement of it all would be to produce readable code --i.e. use a code
formatter. And, then, provide demo projects one can compile.

ATM, whatever code is there (good or bad) is someone's personel notes.

Not elegant at all.

Not usable or verifiable either.

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=269626&tstart=45
Adem Meda

Posts: 495
Registered: 12/28/98
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 4:46 AM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton Hamilton wrote:

What's more, he keeps posting in write-only fashion.

He keeps mentioning improvements here and there, but IMO the biggest
improvement of it all would be to produce readable code --i.e. use a code
formatter. And, then, provide demo projects one can compile.

ATM, whatever code is there (good or bad) is someone's personel notes.

Not elegant at all.

Not usable or verifiable either.

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=269626&tstart=45

I had read that post --just like I have read every single post by Amine in this
NG.

And, I stand by my comment.

If he can write those long (winded) posts, which he can, I see no reason why he
cannot do the stuff I mentioned in the prev post.
Amine Moulay Ra...

Posts: 599
Registered: 2/12/10
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 11:55 AM   in response to: Adem Meda in response to: Adem Meda
Hello Adem Meda,

I am not an expert in coding, i am specialized in parallel programming and synchronization algorihms and i have invented many scalable algorithms and such and i have implemented them.

And the demos are inside the zipfiles and there names start with test_ or test

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Adem Meda wrote:
Brian Hamilton Hamilton wrote:

What's more, he keeps posting in write-only fashion.

He keeps mentioning improvements here and there, but IMO the biggest
improvement of it all would be to produce readable code --i.e. use a code
formatter. And, then, provide demo projects one can compile.

ATM, whatever code is there (good or bad) is someone's personel notes.

Not elegant at all.

Not usable or verifiable either.

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=269626&tstart=45

I had read that post --just like I have read every single post by Amine in this
NG.

And, I stand by my comment.

If he can write those long (winded) posts, which he can, I see no reason why he
cannot do the stuff I mentioned in the prev post.

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 9, 2017 11:57 AM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 9, 2017 11:58 AM

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 9, 2017 12:00 PM
Adem Meda

Posts: 495
Registered: 12/28/98
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit] [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 4:49 PM   in response to: Amine Moulay Ra... in response to: Amine Moulay Ra...
Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote:

I am not an expert in coding, i am specialized in parallel programming and
synchronization algorihms and i have invented many scalable algorithms and
such and i have implemented them.

I have no idea what you mean by the term 'expert in coding', I doubt such a
thing even exists.

If you can code and and express your ideas in that code you're basically there.

The next step is to produce code that is readable/usable by others.

In the last step/stage, meaningful variable/routine names and a little code
formatting helps immensely.

And the demos are inside the zipfiles and there names start with test_ or
test

Well.. let's take at your Paralel Archiver code:
https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-archiver

There are about 64 files in there. 42 of which are .pas files.

Of these .pas files, there are 3 'test_' files, namely:
test_pzstd.pas
test_plz4.pas
test_plzma.pas

These are not regular 'unit's, they are 'program' files to produce .exe
binaries.

Except that, this way of doing things is utterly un-Delphi.

You need to convert them into .dpr files and GUIs, so that people can compile
and tinker with them easily. [You need to get rid of all those hard coded
strings and paths too.]

IOW, if you're claiming your code produces better results than, say, 7zip; do
what Igor Pavlov (7zip's author) did from day one: Supply a GUI so that people
can (compile, if necessary, and) run and see what it does --and how well it
does it.

Coming up with new algoritms and code may have been good enough 20 years ago;
but nowadays, no. You will never get the kind of exposure and recognition you
think you deserve.

One last thing: sites.google.com is a lousy choice, IMO.

Github would be much better. Thay way, we can see what has changed. Plus, we
won't have to go through the IQ test of finding the (well hidden) download
button.

[By the way, the above applies to all other code you have on your site.]
Amine Moulay Ra...

Posts: 599
Registered: 2/12/10
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit] [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 7:56 PM   in response to: Adem Meda in response to: Adem Meda
Hello,

Sir Adem Meda, you have to understand more what i am doing, my Parallel archiver does not come with a GUI, because it is a console command line library, such as 7zip, 7zip comes also with the console command line version, but my library is only a console command line library, it is not GUI, i understand that you want me to implement it GUI, but i am not going to do it, because i have decided in year 2013 to implement it as a console command line library. Hope you will understand this.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

Adem Meda wrote:
Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote:

I am not an expert in coding, i am specialized in parallel programming and
synchronization algorihms and i have invented many scalable algorithms and
such and i have implemented them.

I have no idea what you mean by the term 'expert in coding', I doubt such a
thing even exists.

If you can code and and express your ideas in that code you're basically there.

The next step is to produce code that is readable/usable by others.

In the last step/stage, meaningful variable/routine names and a little code
formatting helps immensely.

And the demos are inside the zipfiles and there names start with test_ or
test

Well.. let's take at your Paralel Archiver code:
https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-archiver

There are about 64 files in there. 42 of which are .pas files.

Of these .pas files, there are 3 'test_' files, namely:
test_pzstd.pas
test_plz4.pas
test_plzma.pas

These are not regular 'unit's, they are 'program' files to produce .exe
binaries.

Except that, this way of doing things is utterly un-Delphi.

You need to convert them into .dpr files and GUIs, so that people can compile
and tinker with them easily. [You need to get rid of all those hard coded
strings and paths too.]

IOW, if you're claiming your code produces better results than, say, 7zip; do
what Igor Pavlov (7zip's author) did from day one: Supply a GUI so that people
can (compile, if necessary, and) run and see what it does --and how well it
does it.

Coming up with new algoritms and code may have been good enough 20 years ago;
but nowadays, no. You will never get the kind of exposure and recognition you
think you deserve.

One last thing: sites.google.com is a lousy choice, IMO.

Github would be much better. Thay way, we can see what has changed. Plus, we
won't have to go through the IQ test of finding the (well hidden) download
button.

[By the way, the above applies to all other code you have on your site.]

Edited by: Amine Moulay Ramdane on Dec 9, 2017 7:58 PM
Adem Meda

Posts: 495
Registered: 12/28/98
Re: About Embarcadero technologies [Edit] [Edit] [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2017 11:48 PM   in response to: Amine Moulay Ra... in response to: Amine Moulay Ra...
Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote:

I understand that you want me to implement it GUI, but i am not going
to do it

I do not want you to do anything; I am simply suggesting that it would be
better to include a GUI with it so that more people get accustomed to it and
spread the word.

because i have decided in year 2013 to implement it as a console command line
library.

I am sure you have your reasons --such as there are a lot more people using
commandline binaries that those using GUIs.

Hope you will understand this.

OK. Good luck.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02