Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Errors building Partow's C++ Mathematical Expression Library

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Andy Walker

Errors building Partow's C++ Mathematical Expression Library  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 3, 2017 2:08 PM
Hi,

Has anybody managed to build Partow's library in a recent version of C++ Builder (I'm using Tokyo 10.2)?

The library is here; http://partow.net/programming/exprtk/

To get the library to build I had to amend it slightly but I think I did the right thing;

exprtk_define_erf(      float,std::erf) \\was exprtk_define_erf(      float,::erff) 
   exprtk_define_erf(     double,std::erf) \\was exprtk_define_erf(   double,::erf) 
   exprtk_define_erf(long double,std::erf) \\was exprtk_define_erf(long double,::erfl)

and also;

exprtk_define_erfc(      float,std::erfc) \\was exprtk_define_erfc(      float,::erfcf)
   exprtk_define_erfc(     double,std::erfc ) \\was exprtk_define_erfc(     double,::erfc)
   exprtk_define_erfc(long double,std::erfc) \\was exprtk_define_erfc(long double,::erfcl) 

Using Classic compiler:-

Classic 32-bit - reports "E2209 Unable to open include file 'exprtk.hpp"
CLANG 32-bit - reports "[ilink32 Error] Fatal: Exceeded memory limit for block Publics in module..."

Using CLANG compiler:-

Classic 64-bit - reports "[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Invalid object file C:\xyz.o" (xyz is the file name that uses the functions within the Library)
CLANG 64-bit - reports "[ilink64 Error] Fatal: Invalid object file C:\xyz.o" (xyz is the file name that uses the functions within the Library)

The library states that it works with C++Builder XE4 but my project is in Tokyo 10.2

Thanks in advance,

Andy
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02