Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Deploying Firemonkey app with dylib question

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Dec 3, 2017 7:58 AM Last Post By: Don Rowe Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Don Rowe

Deploying Firemonkey app with dylib question  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 6, 2017 12:57 PM
I have my first firemonkey app running on osx and windows. I use Rad Studio 10.2 and c++. I've been reading about deploying on osx but am missing something. On the mac, I found the PAServer/scratch-dir/<my mac profile>/ folder with the .app and .entitlement files. I have "link with runtime packages" checked, and "C++ linker/Link with Dynamic RTL" unchecked. When I run either the debug or release version, it uploads some dylib files, and the deployment manager shows some dylib files in remote path Contents/Mac OS/ There are no dylib files or other folders in the path with my .app and .entitlement files. Do I need to include the dylib files when I distribute my program, and if so, where do I find them? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.
Don Rowe

Re: Deploying Firemonkey app with dylib question  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 3, 2017 7:58 AM   in response to: Don Rowe in response to: Don Rowe
Problem solved. I still have much to learn about macs and discovered that .app is a folder/package containing everything. Right-clicking on the .app allows viewing the contents.

Don Rowe wrote:
I have my first firemonkey app running on osx and windows. I use Rad Studio 10.2 and c++. I've been reading about deploying on osx but am missing something. On the mac, I found the PAServer/scratch-dir/<my mac profile>/ folder with the .app and .entitlement files. I have "link with runtime packages" checked, and "C++ linker/Link with Dynamic RTL" unchecked. When I run either the debug or release version, it uploads some dylib files, and the deployment manager shows some dylib files in remote path Contents/Mac OS/ There are no dylib files or other folders in the path with my .app and .entitlement files. Do I need to include the dylib files when I distribute my program, and if so, where do I find them? Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02