Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Back Button

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Nov 29, 2017 6:56 AM Last Post By: Eitan Arbel Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Didier Menant

Back Button
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 27, 2017 6:58 AM
Hi,

I have IW14.1.4, it is possible to use the back button? I would like to know the form that call the back button and redirect the user to the good form, Is it possible? Do you have an example for IW 14?
Madhu Gopalachari

Re: Back Button
  Posted: Nov 28, 2017 9:11 AM   in response to: Didier Menant in response to: Didier Menant
Didier Menant wrote:
Hi,

I have IW14.1.4, it is possible to use the back button? I would like to know the form that call the back button and redirect the user to the good form, Is it possible? Do you have an example for IW 14?

The way I have handled this in the past is by putting a button captioned back and on the button click event add <code> Release; </code> The page goes back to its calling form/page.

Hope this helps.
Eitan Arbel

Re: Back Button
  Posted: Nov 29, 2017 6:48 AM   in response to: Didier Menant in response to: Didier Menant
in the ServerController, there is a method called "OnBackButton".
there you can catch the click and do what you want.

also, if you want to show a message when ever the user hit the Back button, then again, in the ServerController there is a BackButtonOptions property, and there you can set the Mode sub-property for your needs.

[Edited]
I would like to know the form that call the back button and redirect the user to the good form
you can set ServerController.BackButtonOptions.Mode:=bmInterceptGlobal and that will disable the user's Back button.
my app is info-sensitive, so i use that option and show the user a message saying that the Back button will not work for security reasons.

Edited by: Eitan Arbel on Nov 29, 2017 4:51 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02