Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Installing Interbase XE3 64-bit

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Dec 11, 2017 9:43 AM Last Post By: Sriram Balasubr...
Ernie Sammons

Installing Interbase XE3 64-bit  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 7, 2017 4:42 PM
Trying to install Interbase XE3 on Windows 10 version 1709, 64-bit. The 32-bit version installed fine, but when I try the 64-bit version, it gives me this message:

Unsupported Architecture
Interbase 64 bit Server will not run on 32 bit OS.

I had both versions installed and working on Windows 10, but an earlier build. I had to reset Windows after the latest build messed it up.
Sriram Balasubr...

Re: Installing Interbase XE3 64-bit
Helpful
  Posted: Nov 7, 2017 5:03 PM   in response to: Ernie Sammons in response to: Ernie Sammons
Ernie,
I suspect the problem you observe is the same as noted at https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/IBP-60?focusedCommentId=42241&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-42241

The workaround for InterBase XE3 is to install with the 'silent' mode as described at http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/InterBase/XE3/en/Installation,_Registration_and_Licensing_Information#Using_the_Wise_Installer_to_Embed_InterBase

InterBase 2017 (our latest version of InterBase) has a fixed installer to work properly on Windows 10 Creators Update.

Best wishes,
Sriram

Ernie Sammons wrote:
Trying to install Interbase XE3 on Windows 10 version 1709, 64-bit. The 32-bit version installed fine, but when I try the 64-bit version, it gives me this message:

Unsupported Architecture

I had both versions installed and working on Windows 10, but an earlier build. I had to reset Windows after the latest build messed it up.
Ernie Sammons

Posted: Dec 10, 2017 10:37 AM   in response to: Ernie Sammons in response to: Ernie Sammons
Ernie Sammons wrote:

Unsupported Architecture

I've been trying to install it using the slient method, and it does install, but it installs only the 32-bit version, even though I have it specified to install 64 in the text file. These are the contents of that file:

MAINDIR=C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\InterBase
TCP_PORT=3050
INSTANCE=gds_db
COMPONENTS=AC
ARCH=64

I'm running it with the following command:

ib_install.exe /S /M=SilentInstallerSettings64.txt

When I start up ibserver.exe afterwards, Task Manager shows "Interbase Server (32 bit)", just like the 32-bit version I have installed does, and it won't execute any of my 64-bit UDFs. The ibserver.exe versions in both versions' bin folders are also exactly the same.

Do I have the ARCH setting set properly?
Sriram Balasubr...

Posted: Dec 11, 2017 9:43 AM   in response to: Ernie Sammons in response to: Ernie Sammons
Yes; that is the correct ARCH setting.

Sorry; InterBase XE3 is de-supported for a while now. I recommend you upgrade to InterBase 2017. Alternatively, you can continue with InterBase XE3 32-bit if you are able to get the 32-bit versions of the UDF libraries as well.

Ernie Sammons wrote:
Ernie Sammons wrote:

Unsupported Architecture

I've been trying to install it using the slient method, and it does install, but it installs only the 32-bit version, even though I have it specified to install 64 in the text file. These are the contents of that file:

MAINDIR=C:\Program Files\Embarcadero\InterBase
TCP_PORT=3050
INSTANCE=gds_db
COMPONENTS=AC
ARCH=64

I'm running it with the following command:

ib_install.exe /S /M=SilentInstallerSettings64.txt

When I start up ibserver.exe afterwards, Task Manager shows "Interbase Server (32 bit)", just like the 32-bit version I have installed does, and it won't execute any of my 64-bit UDFs. The ibserver.exe versions in both versions' bin folders are also exactly the same.

Do I have the ARCH setting set properly?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02