Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: [DCC Error] E2597 Linker error with Android

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Nov 7, 2017 6:36 PM Last Post By: Dave Nottage
Michael Leahy

[DCC Error] E2597 Linker error with Android  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 7, 2017 2:13 PM
Delphi 10.2

My Android project won't build and gives this error:

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-9c_19.0.26309.314\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot open /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation: No such file or directory

The project builds fine with iOS.
Dave Nottage

Re: [DCC Error] E2597 Linker error with Android
Helpful
  Posted: Nov 7, 2017 2:49 PM   in response to: Michael Leahy in response to: Michael Leahy
[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-9c_19.0.26309.314\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot open /System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation: No such file or directory

It looks like somehow the paths for iOS have been added to the paths when compiling for Android.

If you're able to compile a new blank app for Android, I suspect the problem will be in the project that you're working on.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find hints tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com
Michael Leahy

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 5:07 PM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:

It looks like somehow the paths for iOS have been added to the paths when compiling for Android.

If you're able to compile a new blank app for Android, I suspect the problem will be in the project that you're working on.

I'm able to create and run a new blank app for Android.

I've looked through every project setting and I cannot find anything that mentions the Android NDK.
Dave Nottage

Helpful
  Posted: Nov 7, 2017 6:36 PM   in response to: Michael Leahy in response to: Michael Leahy
I'm able to create and run a new blank app for Android.

I've looked through every project setting and I cannot find anything that mentions the Android NDK.

As per my initial reply, I referred to paths for iOS (/System/Library/Frameworks/Foundation.framework/Foundation is a path for iOS), not Android NDK settings.

You could re-create the project files i.e. start from a blank project, and add the files associated with the project back into it.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Find hints tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02