Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: ISAPI DLL deployment error


This question is answered.


Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Nov 7, 2017 5:19 AM Last Post By: Madhu Gopalachari Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Madhu Gopalachari

Posts: 34
Registered: 6/4/10
ISAPI DLL deployment error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 24, 2017 7:22 AM
Environment:
Seattle 10
Intraweb 14.1.14
IIS 10

I have isapi dlls created with D2010 deployed and running fine with. Tried to deploy an ISAPI dll created with Seattle10 and Intraweb 14.1.14 and get the following error.

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, so it cannot be displayed.

Detailed Error Information:
Module IsapiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler ISAPI-dll
Error Code 0x8007007f
Requested URL http://192.xx.xx.xx:xx/xx.dll
Physical Path C:\inetpub\xx\xx.dll
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

How can I find out what dependencies my isapi dll uses that are not installed.

Thanks for all the help in advance.

Chad Hower

Posts: 613
Registered: 3/2/07
Re: ISAPI DLL deployment error
Helpful
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 24, 2017 10:09 AM   in response to: Madhu Gopalachari in response to: Madhu Gopalachari
On 10/24/2017 10:22 AM, Madhu Gopalachari wrote:
Environment:
Seattle 10
Intraweb 14.1.14
IIS 10

I have isapi dlls created with D2010 deployed and running fine with. Tried to deploy an ISAPI dll created with Seattle10 and Intraweb 14.1.14 and get the following error.

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, so it cannot be displayed.

Detailed Error Information:
Module IsapiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler ISAPI-dll
Error Code 0x8007007f
Requested URL http://192.xx.xx.xx:xx/xx.dll
Physical Path C:\inetpub\xx\xx.dll
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

How can I find out what dependencies my isapi dll uses that are not installed.


There are utilities you can run to see dependencies but start by first
looking at the IIS logs which will have more info than just HTTP 500.
Madhu Gopalachari

Posts: 34
Registered: 6/4/10
Re: ISAPI DLL deployment error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 31, 2017 9:49 AM   in response to: Chad Hower in response to: Chad Hower
Sorry for the delay in my response. The logs did indicate that I need to add or delete an unwanted dependency. I will walk through the ATOZED deployment document and see what happens.

Thank you.

Chad Hower wrote:
On 10/24/2017 10:22 AM, Madhu Gopalachari wrote:
Environment:
Seattle 10
Intraweb 14.1.14
IIS 10

I have isapi dlls created with D2010 deployed and running fine with. Tried to deploy an ISAPI dll created with Seattle10 and Intraweb 14.1.14 and get the following error.

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, so it cannot be displayed.

Detailed Error Information:
Module IsapiModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler ISAPI-dll
Error Code 0x8007007f
Requested URL http://192.xx.xx.xx:xx/xx.dll
Physical Path C:\inetpub\xx\xx.dll
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

How can I find out what dependencies my isapi dll uses that are not installed.


There are utilities you can run to see dependencies but start by first
looking at the IIS logs which will have more info than just HTTP 500.
Jose Nilton Pace


Posts: 122
Registered: 5/15/98
Re: ISAPI DLL deployment error
Helpful
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 25, 2017 2:38 PM   in response to: Madhu Gopalachari in response to: Madhu Gopalachari
Hi Madhu, two things:

First: Enable 32 bits application:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/ISAPI15.png

Second: Create a file named: web.config and put then whith your isapi.dll, inside this file, put:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <httpErrors existingResponse="PassThrough" />
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>


All above extracted from here:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying%20ISAPI%20using%20IIS.html
(The second is Item 6).
Madhu Gopalachari

Posts: 34
Registered: 6/4/10
Re: ISAPI DLL deployment error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 31, 2017 9:46 AM   in response to: Jose Nilton Pace in response to: Jose Nilton Pace
I will go through this documentation ad follow the steps. Thank you for your response. will let you know what happens.

Jose Nilton Pace wrote:
Hi Madhu, two things:

First: Enable 32 bits application:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/ISAPI15.png

Second: Create a file named: web.config and put then whith your isapi.dll, inside this file, put:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <httpErrors existingResponse="PassThrough" />
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>


All above extracted from here:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying%20ISAPI%20using%20IIS.html
(The second is Item 6).
Madhu Gopalachari

Posts: 34
Registered: 6/4/10
Re: ISAPI DLL deployment error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 6, 2017 11:32 AM   in response to: Madhu Gopalachari in response to: Madhu Gopalachari
Seattle10
Intraweb 14.1.14

I went through all the steps and checked if all the settings were correct. I found the instance where the setting was wrong and fixed it per documentation.
I now have an application error which states ISAPI is not available in your license. I have other dll's deployed and running.
I am using the bundled version of Intraweb which I updated to the 14.1.14 version.

Thanks

Madhu Gopalachari wrote:
I will go through this documentation ad follow the steps. Thank you for your response. will let you know what happens.

Jose Nilton Pace wrote:
Hi Madhu, two things:

First: Enable 32 bits application:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/ISAPI15.png

Second: Create a file named: web.config and put then whith your isapi.dll, inside this file, put:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <httpErrors existingResponse="PassThrough" />
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>


All above extracted from here:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying%20ISAPI%20using%20IIS.html
(The second is Item 6).
Scott Gast

Posts: 82
Registered: 4/2/04
Re: ISAPI DLL deployment error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 6, 2017 1:46 PM   in response to: Madhu Gopalachari in response to: Madhu Gopalachari
Pretty sure you need the Ultimate version of Intraweb for ISAPI deployment

Madhu Gopalachari wrote:
Seattle10
Intraweb 14.1.14

I went through all the steps and checked if all the settings were correct. I found the instance where the setting was wrong and fixed it per documentation.
I now have an application error which states ISAPI is not available in your license. I have other dll's deployed and running.
I am using the bundled version of Intraweb which I updated to the 14.1.14 version.

Thanks

Madhu Gopalachari wrote:
I will go through this documentation ad follow the steps. Thank you for your response. will let you know what happens.

Jose Nilton Pace wrote:
Hi Madhu, two things:

First: Enable 32 bits application:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/ISAPI15.png

Second: Create a file named: web.config and put then whith your isapi.dll, inside this file, put:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <httpErrors existingResponse="PassThrough" />
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>


All above extracted from here:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying%20ISAPI%20using%20IIS.html
(The second is Item 6).
Dan Barclay

Posts: 889
Registered: 11/9/03
Re: ISAPI DLL deployment error
Correct
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 6, 2017 10:05 PM   in response to: Scott Gast in response to: Scott Gast
Scott Gast wrote:
Pretty sure you need the Ultimate version of Intraweb for ISAPI deployment

Yea. https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/features/

Dan
Madhu Gopalachari

Posts: 34
Registered: 6/4/10
Re: ISAPI DLL deployment error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 7, 2017 5:19 AM   in response to: Scott Gast in response to: Scott Gast
Thank You Scott. Appreciate your response.
Scott Gast wrote:
Pretty sure you need the Ultimate version of Intraweb for ISAPI deployment

Madhu Gopalachari wrote:
Seattle10
Intraweb 14.1.14

I went through all the steps and checked if all the settings were correct. I found the instance where the setting was wrong and fixed it per documentation.
I now have an application error which states ISAPI is not available in your license. I have other dll's deployed and running.
I am using the bundled version of Intraweb which I updated to the 14.1.14 version.

Thanks

Madhu Gopalachari wrote:
I will go through this documentation ad follow the steps. Thank you for your response. will let you know what happens.

Jose Nilton Pace wrote:
Hi Madhu, two things:

First: Enable 32 bits application:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/ISAPI15.png

Second: Create a file named: web.config and put then whith your isapi.dll, inside this file, put:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<configuration>
    <system.webServer>
        <httpErrors existingResponse="PassThrough" />
    </system.webServer>
</configuration>


All above extracted from here:
http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying%20ISAPI%20using%20IIS.html
(The second is Item 6).
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02