Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: New component icons disappear on reopen IDE

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Nov 4, 2017 5:11 AM Last Post By: Mark Williams
Mark Williams

New component icons disappear on reopen IDE  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 4, 2017 4:38 AM
I have created some icons for my own components. I have added them to the component package using the Resources and Images feature. I have named each resource the same as the component. When I rebuild the package the icons appear correctly.

But when I shut down and restart the IDE, the icons have disappeared from the tool palette and are using what I assume is the default Delphi component icon (b;ue square, yellow box, red pyramid).

If I rebuild and reinstall the package it makes no difference the icons do not reappear.

The project manager shows that project contains all the relevant bitmaps and when I inspect any of the bitmaps in the package I can see that they are all correctly named for the corresponding icon.

I thought adding the bitmap resources via Image and Resources and rebuilding was all that was needed to make the connection between the icon and the bitmap. Have I missed something?
Mark Williams

Re: New component icons disappear on reopen IDE  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 4, 2017 5:11 AM   in response to: Mark Williams in response to: Mark Williams
And just for good measure, now when I build my components package, my components (which I keep on a separate tab on the tool palette) are now vanishing! If I search for one of the component in the search box, it will appear and then when I clear the search box they all reappear.

I should have added that I am using Delphi Tokyo 10.2.1
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02